The Director of Finance is responsible for managing the association's accounting activities by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. The position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director also oversees costs and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection, payroll and risk management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that AANA complies with GAAP.
- Establish and maintain internal controls and ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
- Drive the financial planning of the association by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Prepare timely and detailed monthly reports on the association's financial performance.
- Oversee the annual budget process for AANA and the AANA Education Foundation.
- Oversee audit and tax functions.
- Prepare short and long term financial forecasts of financial performance.
- Oversee the association finance IT system.
- Manage the association's cash flow and oversight of all bank accounts be maintain adequate working capital and return.
- Responsible for all human resource activities, including employee benefits, retirement plans and health insurance.
- Serve as the primary contact to the investment consultant and bank personnel.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Assist the CEO and Treasurer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to plan and direct multiple projects, budgets and resources simultaneously.
In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
Excellent analytical skills.
Excellent organizational and project management skills.
Experience withe association management software, preferably iMIS.
Exceptional customer service.
Ability to work with volunteers are all levels.
5 -7 years experience in an association.
Internal Number: AANA
The mission of the Arthroscopy Association of North America is to advance the art and science of arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery through education, skills assessment and advocacy.