Are you a leader who thrives in a detail-oriented role?
Can you prove your ability to think outside the box while maintaining standards?
Do you have experience working with children and families?
We are currently in search of a Children’s Community Services (CCS) Child Welfare Resource Supervisor for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Peoria, IL. This is a full time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Peoria, IL
POSITION TITLE: Children’s Community Services (CCS) Child Welfare Resource Supervisor
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $45,000 - $52,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The CCS Child Welfare Resource Supervisor will report to the Program Director and will supervise a group of Child Welfare Resource Specialists. The CCS Child Welfare Supervisor will assist and supervise in the licensing, assessment, and recruitment planning of foster care families. The Organization seeks a detail-oriented candidate with strong leadership qualities, who is open to and excited about creative new ways to recruit foster families.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Master’s degree in social work or a related human services field preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required.
* Background check clearance, both criminal and CANTS required.
* State licensing/certification as required by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services preferred.
* Valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance required.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, comprehensible manner, both verbally and in writing.
* Able to comprehend and follow instructions, perform assigned, complex, and varied tasks.
* Able to relate to others and influence people.
* Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in both the service population and staff.
* Shows strong leadership skills.
* Demonstrates customer service skills and is detail-oriented.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
* Conducts in-depth, mutual assessments of prospective foster/adoptive families to determine suitability for foster home licensing in accordance with
DCFS Rule 402, the Child Care Act, agency policies and procedures and other applicable rules and procedures.
* Conducts ongoing, mutual assessment with licensed families to ensure quality care for children and for purposes of monitoring, license renewal and/or enforcement.
* Participates in the planning and implementation of the recruitment plan for new foster homes - efforts should be made to secure foster families that can be matched to the population served by the programs.
* Provides direct supervision, training, support, review and evaluation for child welfare resource specialists, child welfare assistants and other assigned staff.
* Provides foster parent and staff development training to fulfill agency, DCFS, and COA requirements.
* Collaborates with other management staff in programs and networks on programmatic, fiscal, organizational and community issues.
* Compiles reports or data as required by management or government agencies.
* Ensures compliance with contractual obligations and completes required documentation in a timely manner.
* Promotes working relationships with community organizations, churches, funding bodies, and other providers.
* May provide direct services or perform some of the same duties as assigned staff.
* Commits to and actively participates in the agency’s Continuous Quality Improvement process.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCS Child Welfare Resource Supervisor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
About Careers In Nonprofits
Careers In Nonprofits is built on the idea that great people want to work with great causes. There are many talented candidates who have a passion for working with nonprofits but not many resources focused on nonprofit careers. We connect the best people with the best causes. Our team of nonprofit career professionals has years of experience matching candidates with nonprofit organizations. Serving Chicago and Washington, DC, we have extensive networks of connections and strategic partnerships with nonprofit organizations.