1. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of stewardship reports. Edit merged letters to ensure proper messaging, layout, and formatting. Partner with copyeditor and assistant director to complete final review of letters, coordinate with signatory office (Griffin Director of Financial Aid), and ensure postage or e-mailing via Salesforce Marketing Cloud, as necessary. For select donor constituencies, staff assistant will be responsible for independently managing reporting process. (25%)
2. Manage process for developing and producing reports for top donors. Prepare cover letters and bio templates. Format photographs. Assist with writing and editing as needed. Manage print production and prepare memos for letter signatory. (20%)
3. Pull, format, and shape data for mailings, using Advance, Filemaker Pro, and Qlikview. Track metrics for electronic communications. Maintain post-production data to ensure that mailings and workflow are properly tracked in Advance database. Maintain record of contact in digital and paper files as needed. (20%)
4. Assist broader stewardship team printing, signing, and mailing of acknowledgments and stewardship reports, and with project-based research, writing, formatting, and editing/proofreading in the generation of stewardship correspondence from staff and senior administrators. (25%)
5. Provide customer service to internal staff members and external clients, such as donors, students, and/or alumni. Assist in fielding requests and working with colleagues in the Griffin Financial Aid Office. (10%)
6. The above covers the most significant responsibilities of this position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department's mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University's fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year. Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment. Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service. Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools. Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus. Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
1. BA/BS degree or equivalent.
2. Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies in database management and page layout. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook required, with ability to execute extensive mail merges.
3. Solid knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to accurately proofread and edit correspondence under the signature of senior administrators, as well as assist in researching and writing.
1. Office experience and familiarity with higher education, donor relations, development communications, or nonprofit administration preferred.
2. Familiarity with databases, including FileMaker Pro and BSR Advance, as well as page layout software such as Adobe InDesign preferred. Must have ability to learn new software tools.
3. Must be professional, diplomatic, positive, and adaptable, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to collaborate and build good working relationships with colleagues, administrators, students, vendors, and alumni. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple complex tasks accurately under deadline pressure. Must be able to work independently, conscientiously, and proactively. Takes initiative and follows through. Must have ability to handle confidential materials with discretion and display sound judgment. Able to think strategically, creatively, and conceptually.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 47775BR
About Harvard University Alumni Affairs and Development
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.