Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
MonroeCarell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is one of the nation's leadingchildren's hospitals. We treat and help prevent all health issues ranging fromcolds and broken bones to heart disease and cancer.
The world-class facilities atChildren's Hospital are a testament to our community's dedication to the healthof children. Constructed in 2004 and expanded in 2012, our 271-bed hospital isa child-friendly place built on the science of healing.
A building alone does not make agreat hospital. Our exceptional medical teams and the generous support ofpeople like you enable us to provide every child who comes to us with the hopeof improved health. Children's Hospital is a nonprofit facility. No child whoneeds our services is denied care on the basis of limited ability to pay.
Many of our doctors and surgeons arenationally recognized researchers who are finding new ways to cure and preventchildhood diseases. Their work preventing and treating premature birth, cancer,heart disease, spina bifida, and many other conditions is an investment in thefuture. We are at an important crossroads in child health. Our commitment toresearch and advocacy positions us to bring the promise of good health tochildren and families in our community and to share that hope with the world.
Supervisesa team of administrative professionals. Assists in budget, payroll and/oradministrative functions.
Participates in projects and/or on-going work activities (timelines, work plans, deliverables) aligned with area initiatives.
Supervises day to day performance of staff as assigned through ongoing assessment and coaching to achieve goals.
Ensures effective operation of an area through development and supervision of processes.
Assists in preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalentexperience) and 5 years relevant experience
Monday â Friday Day Shift
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Becausewe are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report: #1Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties rankedamong the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics: amongthe top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Â·Becker's Hospital Review: oneof the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
Â·The Leapfrog Group: grade"A" in Hospital Safety Score
Â·National Institutes of Health: amongthe top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Â·Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbiltnurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal: MiddleTennessee's healthiest employer
Â·American Hospital Association: among the100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
CLERICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE (ADVANCED):- Clerical/Administration is a skill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- Formulates a vision while motivating & guiding employees promoting engagement. Leaders state precise goals, ensures the commitment of individuals to those goals, defines the methods of measurement, and provides the incentive to accomplish measureable outcomes.
OPERATIONS PLANNING (NOVICE):- Anticipates resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate processes.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Interacting, communicating, building relationships and developing employees.
COMPLIANCE (NOVICE):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
BUSINESS RESULTS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction, and stewardship.
Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guidelines.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team.
Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M1):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M1):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.