Surgery Scheduling Specialist (Peds Radiology Access - 36 hours)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
MonroeCarell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is one of the nation's leadingchildren's hospitals. We treat and help prevent all health issues ranging fromcolds and broken bones to heart disease and cancer.
The world-class facilities atChildren's Hospital are a testament to our community's dedication to the healthof children. Constructed in 2004 and expanded in 2012, our 271-bed hospital isa child-friendly place built on the science of healing.
A building alone does not make agreat hospital. Our exceptional medical teams and the generous support ofpeople like you enable us to provide every child who comes to us with the hopeof improved health. Children's Hospital is a nonprofit facility. No child whoneeds our services is denied care on the basis of limited ability to pay.
Many of our doctors and surgeons arenationally recognized researchers who are finding new ways to cure and preventchildhood diseases. Their work preventing and treating premature birth, cancer,heart disease, spina bifida, and many other conditions is an investment in thefuture. We are at an important crossroads in child health. Our commitment toresearch and advocacy positions us to bring the promise of good health tochildren and families in our community and to share that hope with the world.
Coordinateswith patients, physicians and operating room to schedule surgeries with minimalguidance. Facilitates efficient workflow, supports appropriate use oftechnology, and fosters effective communication.
Coordinates surgery schedule with patient, physician and operating room, in support of surgery scheduling function.
Verifies patient eligibility and coverage for procedure, obtain precertifications, and discuss potential financial obligations with patient.
Obtains precertification or proper insurance approval prior to surgical procedures.
Notifies and forwards paperwork for insurance certification to billing office and obtains additional paperwork if needed, for compliance.
Monitors surgery schedule and ensures optimization of resources and workflow.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalentexperience) and 2 years relevant experience
Monday â Friday Day Shift
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Becausewe are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report: #1Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties rankedamong the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics: amongthe top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Â·Becker's Hospital Review: oneof the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
Â·The Leapfrog Group: grade"A" in Hospital Safety Score
Â·National Institutes of Health: amongthe top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Â·Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbiltnurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal: MiddleTennessee's healthiest employer
Â·American Hospital Association: among the100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
PATIENT SCHEDULING (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to coordinate and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
SURGERY SCHEDULING (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to coordinate and schedule surgeries within various computer systems in the hospital.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to receive and record patient information.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S3):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S3):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.