Drives development and long-term management of efficient programs that attract and retain volunteers and members including both the development and delivery of relevant and meaningful volunteer opportunities and awards and recognition.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
1. Enhance and improve volunteer structure to deliver the best, most rewarding experiences possible to both volunteers and staff liaisons
2. Create volunteer engagement best practices
3. Create meaningful member events
4. Coach, support and train staff liaison and volunteer committee chairs
5. Codify and standardize supporting documentation for all volunteer groups
6. Direct efficient and highly-regarded Awards and Recognition programs-- Oversee product specific awards (i.e. Pyramid, et. al.); assist on people-specific awards (i.e. Hall of Fame, et. al.) Provides input and assistance to production of award events.
7. Supervise volunteer programs coordinator
8. Manage the Board election process
9. Oversee Association governance documents including bylaws and policies and procedures
Education Requirements for Position:
*University/College Required - Bachelors Degree - Immaterial with sufficient work experience
*ASAE - CAE - preferred
*Graduate Degree - MBA/MS - preferred
*Marketing or membership - Working knowledge of marketing to public, and effects of promotions to members at large. Strategic thinking.
*Association management - Understand and develop programs to influence membership in the nonprofit association, strategic planning, knowledge of people, programs and effects
Knowledge, skills and abilities
*Effective Staff management - Multiple employee types managed. Significant experience with interviewing, evaluating and hiring/firing best practices
*Excellent communication skills - Published articles, organization-wise writing experience. Flawless grammar and style, presentation skills, development capabilities
*Event planning - Experience planning and executing live member events. Develop programs, manage logistics, write scripts, manage budgets, keen attention to detail
*Analysis skills - Ability to conceive and execute useful analysis of systems, budgets, research. Understand what is needed and provide the leadership to gain vital details through analysis and data gathering.
*General business management - Understanding of employee law. Code of ethics, business law, reading of charter and bylaws.
*Sitting: 8 hour/ day in office/ 0% at show
*Standing: minimal in office/ 100% at show
*Lifting up to 50 pounds (luggage and gear for travel)
*Pushing/Pulling: up to 50 pounds as needed
*Bending/Stooping: in frequent
*Extended work hours, extended weeks (endurance requirement): must be able to travel for up to two weeks with accoutrements: yes
*Office environment: Yes
*Trade show floor or event venues: Yes
*Temperature controlled: Not always – many tradeshows are not temp controlled during set up and tear down, must be prepared for hot or cold situations during these times.
About Promotional Products Association International
PPAI is the trusted leader in the promotional products industry delivering essential knowledge, resources and community to ensure the success of its members, those who manufacture, import and resell promotional products, and the promotional products industry itself.