SUPERVISOR Associate Director of Conference Management
BASIC FUNCTION Plan and implement logistics for Winter Conference, Fall Conference, and serve as team lead for logistics for TexMed, TMA’s annual meeting.
1.Plan and manage logistics for TMA conferences. This includes but not limited to: room assignments and set up, menu selection, meal guarantees, audiovisual requirements, signage, and staffing needs.
2.Manage Housing for TMA Conferences. This includes but not limited to: managing the sleeping room blocks, managing reservations for staff, speakers and VIPs, making arrangements for amenities, room deliveries or other special requests/needs.
3.Reconciling invoices and expenses. Work with TMA’s finance department to reconcile and allocate conference expenses to appropriate cost centers and negotiate financial disputes with conference vendors.
4.Process follow up reports and correspondence/reports. Including housing pickup, attendee preferences and spending patterns, revenue and expenses, attendance analyses, and conference evaluations.
5.Serve as a core member of the TexMed, Fall and Winter Conference Teams. Provide support as needed with projects and tasks related to the TMA Meetings.
6.Provide support to other areas of the Conference Management Department. Including, but not limited to: support with additional meetings, marketing materials, registration, programming, etc.
7. Perform other related duties as directed or required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS This position requires some overnight travel, including, but not limited to, traveling for TMA Conferences and site visits.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY No supervisory responsibility on a daily basis.
INDEPENDENCE/SUPERVISION RECEIVED Duties are performed under general supervision according to generally prescribed guidelines. Employee is responsible for judgment that is exercised regarding selection and interpretation of methods and procedures to be used personally.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge and Experience:
This position requires concentrated understanding of a specialized area of knowledge normally acquired through attainment of college degree in related field, and 1-3 years experience. Experience in meeting management, hotel convention services and sales a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional project management skills and ability to lead a team during the planning and onsite phase of conference management.
• Prioritize/perform multiple tasks with strict attention to detail despite many interruptions.
• Must embrace technology for use in maintaining calendars, and organizing tasks.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills essential
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with minimal supervision
• Work effectively with other TMA employees in a team environment.
• Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work with outside vendors and maintain positive professional relationships
• Ability to plan meetings, develop objectives, evaluate facts, determine courses of action, resolve pre-meeting and onsite problems, and establish priorities
About Texas Medical Association
Who Is TMA?
The Texas Medical Association was organized by 35 physicians in 1853 to serve the people of Texas in matters of medical care, prevention and cure of disease, and the improvement of public health. Today, with more than 43,000 physician and medical student members, TMA's vision is still to "improve the health of all Texans." TMA supports Texas physicians by providing distinctive solutions to the challenges they encounter in the care of patients.