Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller is a hands on, leadership position that directs the financial reporting for all companies. The Controller will lead the accounting team in accomplishing its mission of improving corporate strategies and decision making by providing timely, accurate, value added financial data. The Controller will accomplish these responsibilities in respect of the organizational values of innovation, collaboration, integrity, discipline and honesty.
The financial activities to direct include the four interrelated business entities: FCCC, CiviTek, Florida Courts E-Filing Authority and CiviTek National Inc.
The Controller will work closely with the CFO in improving, directing and updating department policies and procedures to ensure the department is technologically innovate in anticipation of future growth.
Accounting (FCCC, CiviTek, E-Filing Authority and CiviTek National Inc)
• Performs monthly and year-end closing processes on an accrual basis for each business entity.
• Maintains financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
• Manage the engagements for all external CPA firms performing audit, tax, and consulting services for the four entities.
• Analyze budget performance, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses.
• Ensure that all applicable state and federal tax returns are filed timely and in accordance with all applicable laws pertaining to each business entity.
• Develop and ensure compliance with internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for department activities.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting procedures that is reviewed annually for processing efficiencies.
• Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and reconciliation functions.
• In tandem with the HR department, ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, taxes and benefits.
Budget and Contracts Management (FCCC, CiviTek and CiviTek National Inc)
• Participate and lead in the organization, collaboration and development of the annual budget.
• Regularly compare expenditures to the approved budget and provide status reports as directed.
• Oversee processing fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Innovative spirit with the ability to lead through change
• Committed to providing high quality work product
• Use management skills to function in a supervisory role
• Ability to prepare, interpret and analyze financial statements
• Leverage technology to develop reports for key business decisions
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required (from an AACSB accredited Business School)
• Minimum of seven years of progressive accounting experience, of which four years must include closing experience (month-end and year-end)
• Minimum three years supervisory experience is required
• A Valid Driver’s License
• Exceptional experience/education may be substituted.
• CPA, MBA or MAcc preferred (from an AACSB Accredited Business School)
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Candidates should submit a Cover Letter with Salary Requirements and Professional Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 26.
About Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
The Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers is a statewide, non-profit member association with the mission of improving the ability of the Florida Clerks & Comptrollers to effectively and efficiently serve the citizens of the state through the education of elected officers and staff, legislative action and public awareness of the role and function of the office. Please visit us at www.flclerks.com to learn more about the Court Clerks and Comptrollers.