Are you an experienced, Human Resources Generalist with nonprofit experience?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Generalist for a Large Social Services Organization. The position is based in West Chicagoland. This is a (temp/temp-to-perm, full-time) assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Large Social Services Organization
LOCATION: West Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
SALARY: $15.00/hour – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Human Resource Manager plans and coordinates the operations of the Human Resource Department, administers all organizational personnel functions and recommends policies and procedures required for sound personnel administration. In all instances the Human Resource Manager must perform in accordance with and be committed to the organization’ mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related experience) and minimum 5 years of experience in human resources including management and supervision
Must possess excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
Proficiency in HRIS software and Microsoft Office a must.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Must be willing to work flexible hours.
Must have access to a car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Carry-out the recruitment, screening, training and orientation of new staff direct reports, ensuring adherence to all company directives as delineated in the personnel policies and other company and department manuals.
- Develop and administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and on-boarding process for all positions; work with supervisors to screen and interview candidates, extend job offers; conduct new employee orientations and onboarding of new employees.
- Maintain and oversee the administration of employee benefits, compensation and payroll.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of HR department including, but not limited to: ACA, OSHA, 401k plan, benefit plans, payroll, unemployment, licensing and employment agreements, as appropriate.
- Develop and carry-out a staff development plan including, but not limited to: supervisor training (e.g., hiring, evaluation, termination policies and procedures and legal issues) identifying employee training needs and locating appropriate resources, creating and implementing a system for staff recognition and morale building.
- Implement and oversee HRIS System including but not limited to: payroll and benefit administration, PTO management and reporting, new employee set up and document tracking.
- Oversee the performance evaluation process including 90 day and common date evaluations.
- Oversee and carry out compliance with FMLA, ADA and Worker’s Compensation policies and regulations, and all related actions, in conjunction with the General Counsel.
- Engage in the development and on-going review and refinement of the organization's personnel policies and practices, salary and wage administration program and merit increase system in conjunction with the General Counsel, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer and Personnel Committee.
- Carry-out and assist department supervisors in creating and/or updating job descriptions as appropriate.
- Provide support and assist supervisors in the development and implementation of performance improvement plans and employee disciplinary actions, as well as in resolving employee grievances and counseling employees and supervisors, in conjunction with the General Counsel, as appropriate.
- Participate in the coordination of organizational events as part of the administrative team, including, but not limited to: annual meeting, annual retreat and staff meetings.
- Establish professional contacts with other organizations, agencies and colleges for the purpose of recruiting personnel.
- Oversee the maintenance of all personnel records.
- Staff personnel committee and other committees as appropriate.
- Consult with the Chief Executive Officer in the administrative approval of personnel actions.
- Act as a member of the general administrative team to ensure the overall effective operation of the general administration of the organization.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Human Resources Generalist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
About Careers In Nonprofits
Careers In Nonprofits is built on the idea that great people want to work with great causes. There are many talented candidates who have a passion for working with nonprofits but not many resources focused on nonprofit careers. We connect the best people with the best causes. Our team of nonprofit career professionals has years of experience matching candidates with nonprofit organizations. Serving Chicago and Washington, DC, we have extensive networks of connections and strategic partnerships with nonprofit organizations.