Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 341001 - Shelton Leadership Center
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
This position will serve as a member of the Program’s Leadership Team which exists to oversee all new, updated and existing programming for the Shelton Leadership Center for consistency throughout all phases to include: administrative, policy, development, implementation and follow-up.
Serve as the Schedule Manager for programs, utilizing Air Table software as the management tool.
Provide organizational and programmatic support to the Director and Associate Directors.
Provide support with communications and strategic marketing.
Serve as Program Manager on special projects at the request of the Director or Associate Directors
Consult and assist Director in the preparation of reports, programs, and presentations for the Board of Advisors and other constituent meetings, including updated plans and metrics, outreach, strategies, and outcomes of the Center's programs
This position requires driving to events.
Assist with Registrations for events as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or and equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Experience with Program/Team Management software
- Efficiency in Google applications; Microsoft Excel, Work, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to build relationships, trust, and connections with diverse people and groups
- Experience working with pre-college and college student programs
- Facilitation skills, including the ability to support groups through difficult discussions, and create processes and structures to help groups move forward
- Ability to continually analyze and evaluate processes and programs to create innovative and strategic improvements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related business area
- 10+ years of program management or related business experience
- 5+ years of work experience working in or with the nonprofit sector or applicable experience with increasing responsibility
Required license or certification:
- NC Driver’s License is required and must be maintained as a condition of employment.
Position Number: 00107246
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. We began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, we’re a preeminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles, and veterinary medicine.NC State students, faculty, and staff take challenges in hand and work with industry, government, and nonprofit partners to solve them. Our 9,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits, and academia to change our world for the better.NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors, help farmers confront climate change, and build a new American manufacturing sector. Our award-winning Centennial Campus is home to more than 70 public and private partners — as well as the innovative Hunt Lib...rary, which Time magazine has dubbed “the library of the future.”More than 125 years after its creation, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day, our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning and discovery available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.