Another Source’s client, Equal Voice Action (EVA) is recruiting a Project Manager to join their team. Equal Voice Action is committed to serving families throughout the United States, and will consider candidates from major hubs in urban areas across the country. Office location is open but preference will be given to candidates located in the South and Southwest.
Are you passionate about social justice? Do you want to work for a startup/grassroots mission based organization and get to travel while working? EVA is seeking a smart and motivated person with excellent project management skills to lead their pilot projects for reaching and engaging new members.
About Equal Voice Action:
The nearly 50 million people who live in poverty in United States—whose numbers should be more than enough to positively influence politics and policies—too often find themselves without a voice in those processes. Equal Voice Action (EVA) is a national family-led membership organization focused on eliminating inequality for poor and low-income families in the United States. Our mission is to engage, connect and build power among poor and low-income families to influence policies that improve the economic and social well-being of all families. We exist to create opportunities for poor and low-income families to use their voices to change the policies and attitudes that adversely affect people in poverty, and to foster equal voice and opportunity for all. EVA is a 501(c)(4) organization.
About EVA’s Pilot Projects:
Equal Voice Action seeks to attract, engage and retain organizations and individuals as active EVA members by adding significant and ongoing value to their communities, work and lives. In the form of pilot projects, we seek to test and scale an array of different but complementary methods for reaching and engaging new members. For example, working in partnership with local organizations in one type of pilot, EVA will add value to members’ work and communities, earning their ongoing interest and involvement, by engaging them in organizing for local and/or state-level change, providing dedicated digital tools, shining a national spotlight on their work, and linking them with other organizations across the country as potential resources. EVA and its partners will thoroughly evaluate each pilot throughout its life cycle, seeking those methods which EVA can scale up to attract, engage, and retain EVA members nationwide.
Summary of the Role:
Under the direction of EVA’s Executive Director, the Project Manager – EVA Pilots takes charge of all of EVA’s roles, responsibilities and commitments in relation to its pilot projects. The Project Manager has primary responsibility for the direction, control, execution and completion of EVA’s roles and commitments, and for ensuring that the pilots stay aligned with EVA’s mission, goals and strategies. She/he plans, budgets, oversees, documents and reports on all aspects of EVA’s roles and commitments, making sure that the pilots move in the desired direction, achieve and remain within the desired scope, and stay on schedule. Under the direction of EVA’s Executive Director, she/he both takes charge of existing pilots and recommends and develops new pilots meeting EVA’s needs. She/he serves as the bridge among EVA’s Executive Director, the leadership of the organizations with which EVA partners in its pilots, and the teams tasked with the actual execution of the pilots. She/he works with EVA’s partners to identify and meet resource needs for the pilots, to surface and resolve problems, and to ensure that the pilots are thoroughly and effectively evaluated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of EVA’s Executive Director, plans and implements pilot projects in collaboration with EVA’s partner organizations;
• Leads the definition of project scopes, goals and deliverables;
• Defines tasks and required resources;
• Assembles EVA people resources needed for a pilot and manages them as a team; consults to and coaches partner organizations on their people resource needs and team management issues;
• Manages EVA’s budget for each project; monitors partners’ budgets and consults to and coaches partners on budget issues;
• Working closely with EVA’s Executive Director, allocates EVA project resources; consults to and coaches partners on their resource issues;
• Creates schedules and project timelines; monitors partners’ schedules and timelines, and consults to and coaches them as needed;
• Tracks EVA deliverables, ensuring their timely completion; monitors partners’ deliverables, helping them resolve issues with timely completion;
• Lead quality assurance; monitors, consults to and coaches partners on same;
• Monitors and reports on project progress, keeping EVA’s Executive Director closely advised of same;
• Presents reports to stakeholders on progress as well as problems and solutions;
• Implements and manages changes whenever necessary to meet project outputs;
• Working closely with EVA’s Executive Director, leads the continuous and thorough evaluation and assessment of projects and their results.
The Project Manager - EVA Pilots position requires high levels of judgment, leadership, and commitment to the mission and goals of EVA. The role also requires very strong relationship management and coaching skills, and considerable savviness in engaging communities and groups. Additionally, successful candidates will be able to clearly demonstrate, from prior professional experience, the following qualifications:
• Strong commitment to poor and low-income families;
• Strong commitment to social justice;
• Ability to build and enhance relationships with host/partner organizations, members and other stakeholders; strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work well with different racial/ethnic communities, such as African American and Latinx communities;
• Strong planning and project management skills, including ability to evaluate and advise on project management plans and processes employed by host/partner organizations;
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to identify resource gaps and coordinate collaborative efforts to meet those gaps;
• Ability to manage and resolve conflict;
• Solid knowledge and experience in strategies and methods of program evaluation;
• Strong communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritize work, often juggling multiple projects with short timelines, while following through and meeting deadlines; strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Familiarity with community-based organizing; familiarity with digital organizing strategies and tools; familiarity with organizing at both local and state levels;
• Ability to work well both as part of team and independently;
• Adherence to the highest standards of confidentiality; commitment and ability to safeguard the confidential information of all parties.
• 5+ years of relevant and comparable work experience;
• Computer literate—solid knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ability to leverage social media to engage communities;
• Valid driver’s license.
The Project Manager - EVA Pilots must be available for travel; she/he may spend approximately 50% of their time on temporary assignments away from home.
Please include cover letter of interest and résumé.
Equal Voice Action is committed to equality of opportunity for all of its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, poverty status, age, national origin, marital status, religion, or disability status. EVA is committed to providing a harassment-free work environment.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: project management, program management, PM, remote job, social justice, nonprofit, mission driven, grassroots, organizing, community involvement
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1306618