Function: Assist the Director of Finance in daily management of the Association and Foundation’s general ledger, monthly financial reporting and annual audit preparation.
• Preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules for month-end closing.
• Preparation of monthly account reconciliations.
• Preparation of financial statement and analysis to budget through use of Excel and Great Plains.
• Assist in preparation of schedules for financial audit, income tax return and other information return purposes.
• Coordinate month-end closing.
• Monthly credit card processing.
• Bi-weekly payroll and related accounting.
• Coordinates the review of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Annual budget preparation support.
A minimum of 3 years experience in general ledger accounting.
Proficiency with financial accounting systems, MS Office package specifically Excel and Word. Experienced in Great Plains and IMIS preferable but not required.
Experience in accounting for payroll and use of ADP payroll systems.
Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated, proactive and solution driven.
Strong attention to detail required.
Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to multi-task.
About Northeastern Retail Lumber Assocation
The NRLA is an 1,100 member association representing independent lumber and building material suppliers and associated businesses from New York to Washington DC. Throughout our 125 year history, the NRLA has been an industry leader in education, legislative and regulatory reform, and member programs and services. We also produce the industry’s largest regional trade show, Lumber and Building Material Expo (www.lbmexpo.com)