The Youth Job Center (YJC) is a dynamic and growing organization that serves youth and young adults in the greater Chicago Area. The agency provides job readiness training, youth development and advising to position youth and young adults for success in the workplace. Founded in Evanston in 1983, the YJC has expanded into Chicago providing services to over 2,000 youth throughout the Chicagoland area.
The Director’s primary responsibility is to partner with the Executive Director in all matters related to individual giving, providing strategic and tactical support, and leading the agency’s individual giving programs. The position will be responsible for cultivating a portfolio of individual donors with a goal of moving them to major donors, planning and managing YJC’s direct mail program, managing the donor stewardship program, developing and implementing strategies for expanding YJC’s pool of individual donors and managing the agency’s cultivation, stewardship and fundraising events.
The Director of Individual Giving will work closely with the Manager of Grants and Communications to ensure consistent messaging, branding and strategic grant work. The Director of Individual Giving will also work with the YJC Board of Directors and staff.
· Individual Giving and Major gifts program strategy and management
· Donor relations
· Utilizing data in strategy and direction
· Annual campaign(s)
· Cultivation and stewardship events
· Supporting the Executive Director in fundraising activities
· Coordinate with Manager of Grants and Communication
· Liaise with Board of Directors
· Serve on the management team
· Work with program staff to identify development and cultivation opportunities
· Work with volunteers in support of events, programs and activities
Specific Technical/Job-Related Skills:
· Ability to communicate and interact with a wide range of diverse audiences, including Board members, corporate donors, local and federal government agencies, youth served, community organizations, civic leaders, and potential donor organizations and individuals.
· Experience in strategy, budgets and goal-setting
· Demonstrated knowledge of donor and prospect research techniques
· Some weekend and evening work required.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience required
· 5-7 years of experience in development/advancement
· Experience in individual giving strategies
· Experience in event planning and implementation
· Experience in nonprofit communications and social media strategies
About YOUTH JOB CENTER, INC.
For over 30 years, the Youth Job Center has prepared young people for success in the workplace, providing job-readiness, placement and employment support.