Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Communications is responsible for the creation and distribution of collateral materials, website oversight, social media and e-communications efforts, digital marketing, media relations activities and content development. The Director of Communications will set and accomplish goals, manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, work with a diverse team and work independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
2. Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
3. Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
4. Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
5. Utilize Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma has played in the lives of the clients/residents.
6. Assist in the healing process by developing appropriate RICH® (Respect, Information, Connection and Hope) relationships with those served.
7. Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
8. Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
9. Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
1. Develop a comprehensive and measurable communications plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness.
2. Create and maintain timelines, budgets and analytics.
3. Develop and implement a consistent messaging and branding strategy. Ensure the implementation of external marketing and communication plans.
4. Develop brand guidelines and ensure consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing and communication materials including electronic communications, brochures, flyers, newsletters, case studies, and data sheets.
5. Create, post and analyze social media content including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
6. Attend networking and outreach events to increase awareness of Maryvale.
7. Plan, organize, develop and manage digital and traditional marketing and communications vehicles including website, e-communications and fundraising and event materials.
8. Manage media relations, including researching, writing, and editing press releases. Develop relationships with media contacts to promote Maryvale and secure coverage when appropriate.
9. Work with photographers and videographers to create necessary materials.
10. Identify target audiences and build appropriate communications strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain a variety of donors and community leaders.
11. Develop and produce all communications materials for special and cultivation events.
12. Embrace use of Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) to measure quantifiable results from development and marketing activities.
13. Maintain a working knowledge of Maryvale and its programs to address the mission of the organization.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or marketing.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
3. Exceptional writing skills.
4. Technology savvy with experience overseeing web development and maintenance. Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint) experience required.
5. Demonstrate keen understanding of digital marketing, website management, SEO and analytics, social and traditional media experience in a nonprofit or corporate environment.
6. Comfortable with making public presentations and developing relationships.
7. Able to develop and manage a communications budget.
8. Strong project management skills.
9. Creative thinker with ability to manifest ideas into cohesive and understandable marketing assets.
10. Positive, proactive and personable team player with a sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
11. Excellent editing, proofreading, oral communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate quickly and persuasively a compelling case for supporting Maryvale.
12. Demonstrated self-starter with creative, problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
13. Proficient organizational skills enabling the management of multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timeframes
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
2. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Associate may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
4. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Maryvale's Mission, inspired by the compassionate service of our Vincentian Founders, faithful to Catholic Social Teaching rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ and the charism of the Daughters of Charity, is to heal, empower and educate children and families to instill hope for a more fulfilling future. We do this by providing residential, educational, mental health and community-based services in an environment of dignity, love and respect.