Member Services Coordinator
Campus Compact Southern New England
Campus Compact is a national coalition of 1,000 colleges and universities committed to the
public purposes of higher education. We are a network comprising a national office and state
and regional Campus Compacts. As the largest national higher education association dedicated
solely to campus-based civic engagement, Campus Compact enables campuses to develop
students’ citizenship skills and forge effective community partnerships. Our resources support
faculty, staff, and students as they pursue community-based teaching, scholarship, and action
in the service of public good.
This position is based at Campus Compact for Southern New England (CCSNE) in Worcester,
MA and is focused on place-based support for our member colleges and universities in
Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.The Position
The role of the Member Services Coordinator is to provide high quality, reliable, and consistent
communication and coordination of member activities. This includes program coordination and
evaluation, event planning and management, communication activities, and related
administrative tasks. The Member Services Coordinator reports directly to the CCSNE Assistant
Director and will be part of our national work in support of members.
Key responsibilities include:
Program Support & Event Management
• Plan and implement programs and services such as conferences, faculty & staff training
workshops, grant programs, and network convenings.
• Support campus representatives in CCSNE leadership roles (e.g. work teams,
committees, communities of practice).
• Create and manage all related communications with key stakeholders.
• Coordinate event logistics including securing event space and vendors, material
preparation and dissemination, and on-site staffing.
• Evaluate designated programs and events through data collection, analysis, and
• Coordinate, process, and monitor financial functions including data entry, vendor
management, procurement, and reporting; collaborate with financial staff and program
• Manage administrative and programmatic systems, including maintaining administrative
records and files related to membership and programs.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and assist with the preparation of related materials
(agendas, presentations, etc.).
Public Relations & Communications Coordination
• Develop print communications such as brochures, newsletters, annual reports, and
special interest pieces.
• Lead the creation of e-communications through website, social media, and email
communications; actively monitor organizational accounts.
• Manage stakeholder contacts lists, member listservs, communications analytics, and
other related mechanisms for communications.
• Collaborate with and support colleagues for creating and disseminating program specific
Other duties as assigned in support of the organization’s mission.
? Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related academic program; master’s degree preferred.
? Minimum of 1-year relevant program, event management, and/or administrative
experience; 3+ years is preferred; experience working in higher education or the nonprofit
? Knowledge of and experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite
? Knowledge of and experience with web platforms, specifically WordPress and social media
? Strong initiative; demonstrated ability to independently complete tasks, learn new skills,
and identify and resolve day-to-day programs.
? Strong written and verbal communication skills.
? Strong organizational skills with demonstrated detail orientation.
? Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and
administrators as well as community-based agencies/groups and the public.
Salary rage is high-30s to low-40s. Campus Compact provides a competitive benefits package
including a generous vacation policy and a retirement contribution match. This is a full time,
exempt position. The position will require occasional night and weekend work and regular
regional travel which will require a valid driver’s license. The position is based in Worcester,
Campus Compact strives to attract and retain a diverse and talented staff who will contribute to
the organization’s goals, mission, and vision. We encourage individuals of all ethnic, racial,
religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply. Campus Compact is committed to
increasing the diversity of our national team consistent with the values of our network.
Campus Compact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified
individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, height,
weight, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other basis prohibited by law.
Please note that Campus Compact is a proud member of Employer of National Service. We
encourage alumni of AmeriCorps*VISTA, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service
programs to apply.
Interested candidates should submit documents, saved in one PDF file with the candidate’s last
name in the filename:
• Letter of interest linking your qualifications and experience to the responsibilities of the
• Resume or curriculum vitae.
• A brief statement (roughly 150-200 words) summarizing the significance of diversity,
equity, and inclusion in your own personal or professional life.
• Names and contact information for three professional references. References will not be
contacted without permission.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS TO JOBS@COMPACT.ORG.
MATERIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BEFORE FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2018 FOR PRIORITY