Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership seeks an experienced professional with the skills to grow awareness and drive participation in support of key fundraising, membership, and marketing goals. The successful candidate will join the Spertus team at a time of exciting organizational and operational growth.
The Communications & Community Relations Manager reports to the Vice President for External Relations with daily supervision from the Director of Marketing & Communications. Primary among the position’s responsibilities is the ability to develop and advance strategic marketing, membership, and fundraising campaigns, collaborating closely with talented professionals in development, marketing, student recruitment, and events.
Experience with an array of communication and fundraising techniques is required, including online, email, social, person-to-person, and direct mail. The Communications & Community Relations Manager will also serve as part of the Spertus Institute team that identifies, prepares, tracks, and reports on grants that fund education, leadership development, and arts and culture.
The job requires resourcefulness, creativity, and enthusiasm, with an appreciation of the value of nonprofit storytelling and a willingness to stay up-to-date on advances in fundraising best practice and online and social media marketing. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Contribute to the success of the annual fundraising plan using key tools and resources to elicit donations
- Help secure funding from donors, members, foundations, institutions, and corporations through the creation and distribution of compelling content and materials
- Mine and evaluate data to identify viable markets and new prospects
- With the Director of Marketing & Communications and creative in-house designers, develop print, electronic, and social media content to drive and support fundraising activities
- Track and manage grant identification, preparation, and reporting in concert with the VP for External Relations and other key members of the Spertus Institute leadership team
Benefits include paid vacation, subsidized health and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, sick leave, and paid Jewish and secular holidays
Submit your resume, a cover letter, and at least two writing samples to:
Spertus Institute Director of Marketing & Communications
No phone calls