Senior Director of Advancement for Women’s and Children’s Services
Geisinger Health Foundation
July 16, 2018
Competitive and commensurate w
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
The Geisinger Health Foundation seeks a Senior Director of Advancement for Women’s and Children’s Services to oversee the strategic design and implementation of the fundraising program for the Geisinger Women and Children's Institute (GWCI). The GWCI unites a comprehensive women's health program with a full-service pediatric care program, allowing families to receive care as close to home as possible. This program is one of a kind in the region and well-positioned to attract philanthropic investment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, this leadership position within the Geisinger Health Foundation will require vision and extensive relationship-building with the regional philanthropic community. Because the GWCI fundraising program is early in its evolution, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to strategically grow and build it from its foundation. S/he will work to grow existing and diversify revenue streams, manage a personal portfolio of donors and prospects, and partner with service line administrative leadership on cultivating and soliciting new sources.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the pediatric and women’s services administrative team and the Vice President of Philanthropy, develops strategies for major gift cultivation related to the service lines. Solicits major gifts and cultivates prospects and donors utilizing face-to-face visits, phone and letter correspondence, interactions at events, and other means of relationship building. Coordinates and supervises the presentation of major gift proposals.
- Oversees and supervises the corporate and foundation program for pediatrics including identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment of prospective donors and grant making bodies in conjunction with the Foundation team. Manages and maintains a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors with pediatric interest for Janet Weis Children’s Hospital and Children’s Miracle Network.
- Works in conjunction with the Foundation team with regard to organization, implementation and supervision of recognition and stewardship events for donors.
- Works in conjunction with the Foundation team for needs related to planned giving, trusts and estate planning.
- Establishes appropriate evaluation and benchmarks for program success. Creates and establishes short and long term strategies for area of responsibility.
- Functions as a department leader for supervision and human resources issues. Represents the pediatric and women’s service lines on system committees and as liaison for appropriate external groups.
- Contract management, negotiation and implementation for Children’s Miracle Network in conjunction with the Director of Children’s Miracle Network.
- Management and implementation of pediatric and women’s services focused fund-raising initiatives as part of overall Foundation goals.
- Provides support as needed to Janet Weis Children’s Hospital departments and women’s services for donor support.
- Serve as liaison for external relationships for Janet Weis Children’s Hospital and women’s services. Examples include organizations such as Camp Victory and March of Dimes.
- Serves on internal Janet Weis Children’s Hospital committees, as assigned.
- Coordinates donor tours of the pediatric and women’s services areas of Geisinger and other areas as needed.
- Prioritizes work and meets deadlines.
- Works with the Department Chairman and Administrative Vice-President for Pediatrics and Women’s Services in meeting the overall goals of the pediatric service line.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates a mature and highly motivated behavior with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize with effective time management skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the various aspects, goals and processes of a broad-based fund-raising program.
Eight years of professional experience demonstrating increased responsibility and proven leadership.
About Geisinger Health Foundation
As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations known for innovation in medical care, Geisinger serves more than 3,000,000 residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and southern New Jersey. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national attention, most recently for launching Springboard Health, an initiative to improve the health of an entire community, and ProvenExperienceTM to provide refunds to patients who are unhappy with their care. Because of this innovation and many other advances in care during his leadership of Geisinger, President and CEO David T. Feinberg, M.D., MBA, has once again been ranked third on Modern Healthcare magazine’s 2018 list of the 50 Most Influential Physician Executives and Leaders. In addition to fulfilling its purpose of caring for patients, members and each other, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research, community service, and using technology and data to improve both individual and population health.
Geisinger Health System employs tens of thousands of individuals throughout its system of hospitals, research centers, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine a...nd Geisinger Health Plan.
In all, Geisinger leverages an estimated $10,500,000,000 positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies and has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service.
ABOUT THE GEISINGER HEALTH FOUNDATION
Led by a dynamic team under the direction of Nancy Lawton-Kluck, the Geisinger Health Foundation invests philanthropic resources into people, programs and services, facilities, education, and technologies to help ensure an excellent patient experience for all. In FY2018, the foundation raised $25,000,000 in resources dedicated to advancing the bold vision of this growing health system, reflecting a 50% increase over the previous year. Foundation leadership are committed to furthering this growth trajectory with the addition of entrepreneurial, driven, and creative team members.