The Oracle Applications Users Group(OAUG)is the world’s largest education, networking and advocacy forum for Oracle Applications users.
Employment Target Date
Executive Director start date is targeted between Q2 or Q3, 2018
Reporting and Accountability
Reports to the President of Meeting Expectations, an association management company and the employer for this position.
The position is to serve as the Executive Director for the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), and is accountable to the OAUG Board of Directors for implementation of all organizational goals, objectives, and policies as established by the Board of Directors.
The Objective of the Executive Director Position:
The Executive Director advises and assists the OAUG Board of Directors in the formulation and implementation of strategies, objectives, goals, and policies providing effective guidance to employees, Board and contractors serving the OAUG. The Executive Director provides leadership to staff and contractors regarding the operation of the Oracle Applications Users Group to assure the use of sound business principles for the benefit of OAUG member organizations in ways that are consistent with OAUG objectives and purposes.
Areas of Accountability:
The Executive Director works within the limits of the OAUG Mission Statement and Bylaws, policies established by the OAUG Board of Directors, and established business guidelines of Meeting Expectations. Specifically, the Executive Director:
1. Communicates with the OAUG Board of Directors at regularly scheduled meetings and through interim communications, organizational progress reports, and the action plans regarding policies, programs, and other matters of importance to the industry so the Directors may effectively carry out their responsibilities.
2. Responsible for ensuring coordinated communications between the Board of Directors, committees, and other organizational entities about policies and programs. Disseminated all membership information in a cohesive manner.
3. The Executive Director is also responsible for updating the Board of Directors as required on outstanding membership policies, situations or business requirements.
Fiduciary & Legal
4. Accountable for maintaining the legal integrity of the OAUG by executing contracts and commitments as authorized by established policy or by the Board of Directors. Has occasional contact with the organization's attorney and reports to the Board of Directors regarding OAUG's legal standing on policies, situations, and business. Ensures proper legal standing with appropriate entities and maintains legal and historical documents on behalf of the organization.
5. Accountable for the fiscal integrity of the OAUG. Works with the Board of Directors to establish the organization's policies, focus, and direction as an ex officio Board Member. Is responsible for implementation of policies and programs within budget limitations. Serves as the primary facilitator of the organization's communications with all parties, i.e., staff, committees, and suppliers. May represent the OAUG and serve as its spokesperson in various traditional and social media outlets.
6. In conjunction with the process of setting agreed output and performance for each coming year, the Executive Director must direct the planning, development and preparation of the annual operational budget. The Executive Director must present proposed budgets, together with associated output and performance measures to the Treasurer and Board of Directors for consideration and approval.
7. A major role in the Executive Director's day to day responsibility is to serve as OAUG's goodwill ambassador, liaison and senior representative in relations with Oracle Corporation, other businesses in the IT industry, and other Oracle Users Groups and Users world-wide, in circumstances where a Board Member cannot be made available.
Collaborate with other user’s groups (managed by other third-parties)
Develop the Negotiation strategy and tactics with other peripheral organizations
Establish and protect the OAUG business
Serves as liaison to OAUG committees and serves as the primary staff contact and resource person for the appropriate technical and advisory committees. Participates in the operation of Board committees and provides supporting information to them.
Serve as liaison to Oracle Corporation as member of the International Oracle Users Council (IOUC, their global user group program), and in support of ongoing Board relations with Oracle. Represent OAUG in ongoing relationships with other user’s groups (Quest and the International Oracle Users Group).
Strategy & Guidance
8. Responsible for helping to identify annual strategic objectives as well as long range planning objectives. The Executive Director must also ensure the ongoing implementation of such strategic objectives, achieving milestones established by the Board.
9. Provides thought leadership and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding industry trends, innovations, and other matters requiring their consideration and approval. Provides supporting information as necessary so the Board may properly evaluate such recommendations.
10. Establishes the performance measures, in consultation with the Board of Directors, to enable evaluation of the OAUG's policies, programs, and activities to ensure they support the organization's strategic plan and are properly executed. Provides short and long-range planning for optimal utilization of resources for growth and improved services to the membership.
11. Monitors changing conditions related to international and domestic markets to enable OAUG to provide leadership in representing users of Oracle and their partners products.
New Membership Acquisition & Maintenance of Programs
12. Supervises and coordinates the implementation and function of all policies, service offerings, and member benefits of the OAUG to ensure a high level of service to the membership.
13. Develop, drive and implement the new creation of innovative programs within organization. Must possess the ability to build the business case for new ideas and build consensus regarding the new opportunities to improve operations and services, referring information as appropriate to other staff members, committees, Geographic Groups/SIGs, and Board Members for their consideration.
14. Responsible for ensuring effective member services and operations, as approved by the Board of Directors or committees in areas including, but not limited to:
Membership benefits, including products and services
Geo and SIG chapter management, publications, website, and marketing collateral
Conferences and other educational events (limited management)
Insurance (limited management)
Staffing & Reporting
15. The OAUG has been a 26-year client of Meeting Expectations. The Executive Director role is staffed and employed by Meeting Expectations and has a duel reporting structure to Meeting Expectations and OAUG. Salary and benefits are provided by Meeting Expectations. Individuals are expected to understand this third-party relationship and make every effort to work towards and build upon this trusting relationship.
16. The Executive Director in consultation with the Board, must also establish, related output and performance measures to enable evaluation of the effectiveness of the Executive Director position.
17. Fosters and manages a supportive, collaborative environment in which all team members feel valued and that will attract and retain qualified employees. Manages designated staff personnel and implements Meeting Expectations evaluation of personnel and follow the established HR practices. Is responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels, hiring, providing direction, correction and termination of employees who are the Executive Director's direct reports.
18. Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors or Meeting Expectations from time to time.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE AND CAREER EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate for this role must have an Association Management background, with at least five years of experience at a senior level; or possibly have analogous experience at a senior level in a relevant public sector, not?for?profit or management consulting environment. Although OAUG is an international organization, most of its membership is in North America, so experience operating in an international, multicultural environment is preferred.
This position requires in?depth knowledge of the underlying principles of the strategic Governance models of organizational management, together with skills in the assessment and constructive management of group dynamics in the context of association operations.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellence in financial and total resource management in a not?for profit environment. Prior Executive Director experience or Deputy Director experience would be highly desirable, but not essential given a similar background.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent internationally recognizable qualification required (e.g. National Government or International Civil Service certificates of qualification, articled clerkships etc.)
Advanced degrees and/or Certified Association Executive (CAE) highly desirable.
General Skills and Requirements:
Strategic planning and board management experience
Understanding and interpretation of business analytics
Excellent team management, multi?tasking and communications skills
Possesses a complete understanding of Governance models of organizational management
Program management experience
Experience with a technical organization and/or understanding of a Software User Group is beneficial
Strengths in utilizing various technologies to support and enhance operating procedures
Ability to travel as required
Willingness to reside in Atlanta, GA, and work in the offices of Meeting Expectations located in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, GA
Internal Number: OAUG
About Meeting Expectations
Meeting Expectations has provided full service conference planning and association management services since 1992. Over the years we have developed a solid reputation within our industry for the flawless execution of events and for providing superior association services. We foster an environment that enables team members to achieve personal and professional growth and success while providing consistently superior services.