Are you looking for a mission driven organization that believes in people and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams? Do you want to be part of a team that is focused on impact and innovation? If so, look no further than Compass Working Capital (“Compass”).
Compass supports families with low incomes to build assets and financial capabilities as a pathway to greater economic opportunity, and out of poverty. Together we are building a leading, nonprofit financial services organization that promotes economic mobility and financial security for families with low incomes.
We are looking for mission-driven, results-oriented, and collaborative individuals to join our growing team of Financial Coaches.
About the Role
Financial Coaches deliver one-on-one financial coaching and guidance to Compass clients. Coaches support families to set and reach financial goals including increasing income, building credit, buying a home, starting a business, pursuing postsecondary education, or saving for children’s education.
Believe in People: Believe in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. Foster a culture of aspiration, dignity, and hope.
Pursue Excellence: Hold ourselves to the highest professional and ethical standards in every aspect of our work. Strive to always do better.
Go Further Together: Build trust, respect each other, and act with care and empathy. Find joy in what we do, and in doing this work as a team. Believe in and assume the best in each other.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Belief in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams.
· Interest in personal and consumer finance issues, particularly those relating to families with low incomes. A prior background in personal finance is not required for this role as training and certification in personal finance will be provided. Interest in learning about and building a proficiency in personal and consumer finance, however, is required.
· Cultural humility. Openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences.
· Commitment to and passion for working with families with low incomes.
· Trustworthy, with strong interpersonal skills. Maturity, self-awareness, empathy, integrity, sound judgment, and ability to establish and build strong, trusting partnerships with clients.
· Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to complete work accurately and efficiently.
· Excellent communication skills, including ability to explain complex information in plain language.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
· Prior experience working with low-income families and communities
· Prior experience providing coaching
· Professional experience, education, or certification in finance (e.g. AFC, CFP)
· Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of experience
· Proficiency or fluency in Haitian-Creole, Amharic, or Spanish
About Compass Working Capital
Founded in 2005, Compass Working Capital, Inc. (“Compass”) provides financial coaching and savings programs that empower working, low-income families to build assets, achieve their financial goals, and become financially secure. Our broader vision is to build a leading, nonprofit financial services organization that promotes economic mobility and financial security for working poor families by influencing field-related practice and policy.Compass is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization that values entrepreneurship, innovation, and excellence. A key element of the Compass culture is an unshakable belief that low-income families deserve high quality financial services. This belief is accompanied by a willingness to go above and beyond in providing these services to our clients.