Elevanta, an Atlanta area association management company, manages franchisee associations representing premier national brands including Burger King, Planet Fitness, Buffalo Wild Wings, Qdoba, Jimmy John’s, and more). We are looking for an experienced professional to oversee our events department as well as the vendor relations for client organizations. Elevanta currently manages four conventions for association clients as well as 2-3 regional meetings, twenty Board meetings and ad-hoc meetings as necessary. A key component of this position is management of our comprehensive vendor programs, which includes exhibit and sponsorship sales, advertising, associate memberships, etc. This positon will have three direct reports but is also expected to be a hands-on position. This position is responsible for managing the full meeting planning process for board, committee, and annual meetings, tradeshows, conventions, etc and developing appropriate vendor opportunities to ensure the financial success of our association clients.
Typical Job Duties
• Manage the coordination and execution of event logistics for all Elevanta events, including budget development, F&B and AV needs, room block management, and reservation process, etc.
• Coordinate all event and registration materials and work with communications department regarding development for program materials and website development
• Event set-up in Cvent (event management system) and oversee registration process as well as Basecamp set-up
•Provide full financial reconciliation after each event
• RFPs, site selection and contract negotiations and prepare contract summaries and ensure all contract requirements are fulfilled
• Oversee exhibit halls for conventions, including issuing an annual RFP for our general contractor, obtaining an exhibit hall layout one year prior to events for presales, working with general contractor on exhibitor kits, drafting exhibitor information emails and handling onsite tradeshow logistics
• Set goals/budget for vendor sales in conjunction with internal client association leadership staff and ensure execution of sales process to meet and exceed goals.
• Develop annual sponsorship packages, associate memberships, and vendor kits and ensure all sponsorships have appropriate profit margin
• Work with team members to assure vendors receive appropriate billing, correspondence, and goods promised as well as for design and implementation of contracts for future conventions
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business or related field
10+ years of hands-on, results-orientated experience in meetings and conventions; vendor sales management and association experience desired
Good time management skills, ability to prioritize and possesses a proactive work ethic
Ability to thrive in a small staff, team environment and the ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, proven project management skills and superior organizational abilities
Technically savvy with experience in the latest online project management software program and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Experience in Cvent and Basecamp software programs
Position requires up to 30% travel to quarterly board meetings and annual meetings/conventions. Other travel may be required.
Additional Salary Information: Position is based out of our Kennesaw, GA office.
Elevanta is a dynamic association management and professional services firm providing a suite of solutions for business owners and associations, including health and P&C insurance, employer services, association management, convention planning and government relations. More information can be found at www.elevanta.com or LinkedIn under Elevanta.