Founded in 1980 by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking. MADD has helped to save more than 350,000 lives, reduce drunk driving deaths by 53 percent and educate parents and teens on making safe choices. MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® calls for law enforcement support, ignition interlocks for all offenders, advanced vehicle technology and designating a non-drinking driver. MADD has provided supportive services to nearly one million drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge through local victim advocates and the 24-Hour Victim Help Line 1-877-MADD-HELP. Visit www.madd.org or call 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD East Haven, Connecticut 06513 office is currently seeking candidates for the full time position of State Executive Director 031-18.
Responsible for the development, management and implementation of all initiatives necessary to deliver core MADD programs and services, provide appropriate funding to deliver the services and promote the mission of MADD throughout the assigned state. Develop and manage all State employees and volunteers.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support the goals and objectives of MADD. Lead staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Identify, contact and develop all sources of funds necessary to continue the operation of the state. On an ongoing basis, continue to develop corporate, community and other contacts to increase funding available for delivery of services and programs. Ensure that appropriate amount of funding to run the state is available at all times; maintain a balanced budget.
2. Recruit, develop, manage and sustain, in a collaborative effort, a State Advisory Board to fulfill MADD’s mission through development of a statewide strategic plan and implementation of core services and programs, based on MADD’s volunteer management model.
3. Develop strategic capacity building plans to enable future growth of mission objectives in the state.
4. In consultation with the Marcom Department, ensure accurate MADD messaging for staff & volunteers to represent MADD to the public, media and other outside organizations. Promote the organization’s mission and initiatives through pro-active outreach to these groups to raise awareness on the part of the public and elected officials.
5. Identify areas within the state where victims are underserved; develop and implement programs to ensure services are available in those areas.
6. Partner closely with the state legislators and Public Policy Department in preparation of recommendations consistent with MADD’s activities.
7. Supervise grant administration, including but not limited to ensuring regular liaison and reporting to grant funder, achievement of annual grant performance objectives through program development and fiscal management of the grant.
8. Recruit, train, develop and provide leadership to employees and volunteers. Ensure that all programs, services and grants are being implemented and managed efficiently, effectively and professionally through establishment of goals & objectives and that employees receive, understand and are held accountable in meeting goals & objectives.
9. Ensure the State and Affiliate organizations within the state are in compliance with MADD policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the organization’s operation, to include all grant compliance and guidelines.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Five to seven years of progressively more responsible management experience in non-profit businesses. At least 4 years of prior staff management experience is required.
2. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
3. Ability to network and recruit support. Must be able to demonstrate an established track record in fund raising for non-profit organizations.
4. Ability to travel, work a flexible schedule and respond to emergency situations.
5. Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
6. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
7. Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
8. Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
9. Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
10. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
11. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
12. Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
13. Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
14. Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
15. Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
16. Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
17. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, vision and management to the respective area of supervision. Must be able to develop long and short term strategies to achieve the vision and communicate appropriately to inspire support and action.
35% Travel required. Only candidates that send cover letter that includes salary requirements with their resume will be considered. No phone calls please.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands - This position requires working in an office setting and position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require sitting, standing, lifting/carrying (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position.
Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: Jf.firstname.lastname@example.org
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.
Internal Number: 60900-0000
About Mothers against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is celebrating its 35th anniversary by creating a future of NO MORE VICTIMS TM. MADD is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these crimes and prevent underage drinking. MADD supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every ten minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end drunk driving through increased law enforcement, all offender ignition interlock laws and advanced vehicle technology. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their teens about alcohol, using Power of Parents® proven approach to reduce underage drinking. Learn more by visiting MADD’s new website at madd.org or calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.