The Senior Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for providing accurate and timely financial management of TRP’s Operating and Asset Management accounts. The Senior Staff Accountant is also responsible for working with other divisions, staff, and leadership to further the overall mission of the organization.
· Supervises Staff Accountants and accounting administration.
· Insures internal controls and structure of information is compliant.
· Prepares and enters monthly financial activity for the organization, including all funds utilizing the appropriate accounting software.
· Prepares accurate financial statements for TRP and its affiliates within the fifth (Asset Management) and tenth (Operations) business day.
· Produces error-free accounting reports and presents results.
· Reviews all assigned invoices for payment including monthly rents, mortgages, and interest payments for accuracy, authorized approval, and appropriate backup documentation.
· Reviews weekly accounts payable checks for all related accounts utilizing the appropriate accounting software; verifies cash flow before processing check runs.
· Reviews monthly vouchers and accounts receivable invoices, check requests, deposits and adjustment entries.
· Prepares, maintains, and reconciles accrual schedules for all Operations accounts.
· Prepares the information requested by auditors for their fieldwork.
· Prepares bank reconciliations on a monthly basis for all accounts.
· Assists with the preparation of TRP’s monthly financial statements.
· Coordinates and assists in the preparation of the annual report.
· Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
· Maintains required job skills and core professional competencies.
· Attends and participates in required organizational programs and staff meetings.
· Other duties as assigned by the Comptroller, Vice Presidents, CEO, CFO, and COO.