Specific Requirements and Characteristics Include:
- Demonstrated passion for the ADA Foundation’s mission and demonstrated involvement in oral, medical, and/or public health arenas.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in transparent leadership and management with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams. Preference will be given to those with medical/health foundation leadership experience.
- Proven strategic development ability and proven track record in donor cultivation, solicitation, gift closing, and stewardship with philanthropic partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver, strong collaborator and relationship builder.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills. A demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies is required.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internal and external, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- A minimum of 3 years managing a budget in excess of $4 million, and proven experience in financial management, stewardship, and developing internal controls and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to develop a highly productive, effective team by mentoring staff, building and leading teams and enhancing professionalism.
- Experience working closely with research institutes and academic institutions on scientific topics of interest and sector priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Must possess the ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, changing environment that values personal responsibility and a strong sense of work ownership.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization.
- BA/BS degree required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Oversight experience for a research/scientific enterprise is preferred.
This position requires frequent consideration of complex issues and problems. It also requires the ability to deal diplomatically and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external stakeholders.
This position offers a competitive salary with robust benefits. Relocation assistance may be offered based on specific needs. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. The ADA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in open positions without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
Candidates must complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather A. Eddy, President and CEO, and Laura Weinman, Search Senior Consultant of Alford Executive Search. Questions may be addressed to Ms. Weinman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alford Executive Search, a division of KEES, is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.