Assistant Director of Student and Alumni Class Initiatives
Posting Number: 20171358S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 603-Alumni Relations Office
The Assistant Director of Student and Alumni Class Initiatives will execute a comprehensive program that will engage incoming students and their families through the New Student Send-Off program, undergraduates through the SAA, and alumni through the Reunion Class Committee program. This person will build strategic collaborative relationships with campus partners to enhance the quality of these engagement opportunities and will work as an integral member of the Alumni Relations staff through the cultivation of alumni, students, families and friends of Villanova University. The successful candidate will direct all undergraduate student engagement programs supported by the Office of Alumni Relations and will combine opportunities and resources with the Assistant Director of Student Philanthropy & Young Alumni Giving to achieve student engagement and giving priorities. This role manages all aspects of the Reunion Class Committee program and is tasked with the designing and implementation of recruitment, management, recognition, and coordination strategies for all Reunion volunteer initiatives. In addition, this candidate will be expected to provide oversight to the Reunion Crew as well as work in tandem with Alumni Relations colleagues who create and oversee Reunion weekend programming. This person will be expected to be available for some evenings, weekend work, and travel.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the staff lead for all Reunion Class Committees in a given year (12 annually). Responsibilities include goal setting, recruitment, education, organization, management and internal coordination of committee related goals and objectives.
- Manage and advise SAA, an undergraduate student organization that promotes University Advancements student engagement and philanthropy efforts and provides support for major alumni events including, but not limited to: Homecoming, Volunteer Leaders Conference, Leadership Summit, and Reunion. The Assistant Director will partner with the Annual Fund Team on SAA education and engagement in philanthropy.
- Develop and grow a program that will engage undergraduate students beginning at the point of enrollment through commencement. This will require close coordination and planning with the Annual Fund staff, Office of Student Involvement, and other campus partners to create a stronger understanding and support of the Alumni Association and Universitys philanthropic needs and goals. A requirement of this position is to serve as a highly organized project manager for the New Student Send-Off program in partnership with key internal stakeholders and donors/volunteers.
- Support Young Alumni related activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Staff support at other related Alumni Relations/University Advancement activities.
- Manage and assess an undergraduate student worker.
- Attend events outside of the roles purview as needed.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability in the following areas: Staff and volunteer management, project management, special event planning, fundraising or sales.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant alumni relations/advancement experience in a higher education setting or a related nonprofit, communications, sales or recruitment field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, including personal computers, word processing, Excel, Access and/or other spreadsheet programs required. Knowledge of Banner, Salesforce or other fundraising software a plus.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Evening/weekend work and travel required.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 05/04/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11197
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency