| POSITION DETAILSEugenio María de Hostos Community College seeks an experienced development professional to serve as the new Director of Development. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Director is responsible for the strategic planning, execution, and oversight of fundraising activities on behalf of the College and its Foundation. This includes annual giving, major and planned giving, comprehensive fundraising campaigns, special events, and corporate and foundation solicitation. The Development Director will work closely with the College's administration, senior faculty, the Board of Directors of the Foundation, and the Development Department staff to manage fundraising efforts and meet development goals.Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:|
* Manages the Development Department staff in the day-to-day operations.
* Designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive and measurable development fundraising plan aligned with the vision, mission and goals of the College and Foundation; establishes short- and long-term goals, including fundraising strategies and building the case for support.
* Cultivates potential benefactors and solicits gifts in support of institutional priorities.
* Manages solicitation processes, including recommending proposal request amounts and monitoring staff and volunteer assignments.
* Provides leadership for a five-year "comprehensive" capital campaign with goal of $5-7 million; oversees campaign communications.
* Manages the writing and development of campaign print and electronic collateral materials as well as prospect lists and research; develops and executes cultivation plans and solicitation strategies.
* Implements a thorough donor acknowledgement and stewardship system and maintains consistent contact with major donors.
* Monitors and objectively evaluates all College fundraising appeals; develops standard activity and progress reports for monitoring and evaluation; and provides progress reports on a regular basis to key stakeholders.
* Practices sound fiscal responsibility including budget development and management.
* Provides performance evaluations for individuals under supervision and performance feedback for other collaborating teammates.
* Works with other campus departments to contribute to the overall ability of the college to serve the on-campus population and also be a resource to the surrounding community.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.The successful candidate will be a proven development professional who believes in the mission of Hostos Community College, is results and people-oriented, possesses a strong work ethic, and pays superb attention to detail. The Director must have proven communication skills and be capable of writing and speaking persuasively about the role of educational philanthropy as well as funding community development.The following qualifications are preferred:
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a college/university setting, nonprofit organization, or the private sector related to fundraising
* Proven track record of fundraising with at least five years of progressively responsible professional experience in development
* Experience with Raiser's Edge fundraising software
* Demonstrated experience with leadership skills, overseeing staff, and attention to detail
* Proven and demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts of $25,000 and above
* Availability to work evening and weekend hours
* Bilingual skills in Spanish and English
* Ability to travel as neededCUNY TITLE OVERVIEWDirects College's fundraising strategy and administration of fund-raising programs.
* Designs, implements and monitors comprehensive resource development program
* Responsible for meeting specific goals and targets
* Develops funding strategies; assesses outcome of strategic plan
* Oversees a portfolio of annual and major gift prospects to establish and sustain ongoing relations
* Maintains relationships with donors and sponsoring organizations to cultivate and maintain funding
* Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner
* Manages professional and clerical staff
* Performs related duties as assignedJob Title Name: Development DirectorCUNY TITLEHigher Education OfficerFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYApplicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment' and "Search Job Postings."Please attach cover letter, resume and three professional references.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled with review of resumes to begin April 15, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Hostos Community College*Job Title:
* Development Director*Job ID:
* 16501*Full/Part Time: