Requirements, Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be passionate about Caminar's mission.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) licensure or intern registration is highly desired.
• Must have executive level (CEO or Executive Director) experience in a non-profit of comparable size; has supervised management staff in a complex setting, i.e., multiple sites, different funding sources, different professional levels, or different client groups with P&L responsibility of $5M or more is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of community mental health, substance abuse treatment services, and populations served is highly desirable.
• Established connections with the community, including local government agencies.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including email and Internet navigation required. Experience with Human Service Information Systems strongly preferred. Experience managing web based time and attendance and staff training and development system strongly preferred.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
• Must demonstrate acceptable level of maturity, good judgment, and emotional stability.
• Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Customer Service—manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Oral and written communication—speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings. Completes formal written communications skillfully and professionally.
• Quality management—looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Must be a dynamic self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently on special projects.
Physical, Environmental and Mental Requirements:
• Physical: Occasionally required to push/pull objects up to 50 lbs, and to lift/carry objects up to 25 lbs. frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Must be able to walk, stand, sit for extended periods.
• Sensory: Frequently required to read documents, written reports, and plans. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with residents and staff, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and understand/be understood using the English language.
• Cognitive: Frequently required to concentrate on moderate detail with constant interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function for 20-45 minutes at a time. Frequently required to understand and relate to specific ideas, several at a time. Must be able to remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others over a period of several days.
• Environmental Conditions: Frequent exposure to varied office and mixed (residential/office) environments. Occasional exposure to toxins and poisonous substances, dust, and loud noises.
• Equipment: Frequently required to use a computer, phone, and fax machine.
• Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Caminar practices.
• This position requires frequent driving. A valid California driver license, reliable personal vehicle, current personal auto insurance as required by law, and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies are all essential job requirements.
• Must be able to pass post offer, pre-employment medical and drug tests as required under State Community Care Licensing regulations and/or agency policies.
• A personal cell phone with reliable service and, if applicable, a data plan to use for business purposes.