“One of the nation’s premier classical repertory companies” according to the Huffington Post, A Noise Within in Pasadena performs and promotes classical theatre as an essential means for our community to confront the universal human experience, expand personal awareness, and challenge individual perspectives.
We seek a highly motivated, customer service-focused, detail-oriented, and results-driven individual to join our team. As our theatre continues to build its reputation as an institution of and for its community, this early-career position will not only support existing strategies developed by our Education, Marketing, and Box Office departments, but will also expand upon and identify outreach and group sales opportunities with student and community groups. All tasks for this position will align with objectives and goals set by these departments, and include outreach with educational institutions, senior centers, community partners, faith-based organizations, neighborhood councils, and more.
Duties will include:
- Call new and existing partners about season information and programing opportunities
- Develop and cultivate relationships and sales opportunities with outside stakeholders at these institutions/groups/organizations (including schools, teachers, principals, and other educational/neighborhood/organizational partners)
- Follow up with new and returning partners via phone and email; track all communication
- Maintain targeted group lists; research, generate, and update lists as needed
- Follow up on all accounts receivable
- Schedule workshops/meetings, promotional opportunities, site visits and discuss opportunities for new partnerships and relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; experience in a theatre environment and/or peer-to-peer marketing experience preferred
- Previous sales, administrative, and customer service experience (1-2 years)
- Strong verbal communication skills; good phone skills preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage a wide variety of internal and external relationships
- Motivated, proactive, and self-directed worker who is eager to be part of a productive team
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated ability to write in a clear, structured, and persuasive manner with both prose and data
- Organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and initiative to make connections within our Greater LA community
- Spanish speaking a plus
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and non-exempt. Compensation is $15 per hour, plus benefits. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Community Outreach and Group Sales Associate in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A Noise Within is committed to equal employment opportunities – candidates of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.