The Event Coordinator provides logistical planning and coordination for the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF) Events Department, which produces over 200 events per year. Position manages strategies, logistics, budgets and execution for events supporting the Foundation's fundraising objectives as well as the cultivation and stewardship of donors.
50%—Manage the coordination and execution of cultivation, stewardship, and other UMF events as assigned.
• Collaborate with designated development staff to establish and execute plans for assigned events, from the formulation of strategic plans through logistical execution.
• Propose strategies and tactics for each assigned event. Depending on the event, this responsibility may include: defining the experience for guests through program development; determining communication approaches and techniques; overseeing event design (décor, entertainment, and menu elements); collaborating with vendors and UMF marketing and communications staff to coordinate event audiovisuals and speaking program.
• Manage all aspects of assigned events, which may include: assembling and managing the project team and related deadlines; invitation development and mailing; event presenter coordination and communication; execution of communication/marketing plans; selection, negotiation, and management of vendors; and providing all guest services—from invitation and RSVPs to post-event evaluation.
o Develop and oversee assigned event budgets and analyze expenses for future events: evaluating and securing venues, accommodations, catering, services, rates and contracts; developing expense forecasts; and coordinating payment of invoices.
o Determine staff and volunteer(s) for assigned events. Solicit staff and volunteer participation, develop and execute event-related training, and ensure accurate and complete execution of all event logistics.
o Prepare work plan, timelines, reports, and other required information as appropriate.
o Create, proof for accuracy, print and assemble guest materials—nametags, event programs, confirmation packets, invitations, etc.
• Create and distribute briefing packets to UMF and U of M leadership for each event (includes scripts, agendas, event descriptions, guest lists, travel arrangements)
• Create PowerPoint presentations with multimedia and complex content design
• Liaison with President’s Office to coordinate event logistics
• Review and/or write event materials, researching content and completing editing
• Coordinate online registration for all events
• Coordinate and track RSVPs for all events and prepare RSVP reports
35%—Manage projects and tasks associated with select UMF fundraising events, including, but not limited to:
• Manage event projects: develop and execute strategy for assigned projects including media, print collateral, sponsorship fulfillment, silent/live auctions, and on-site training and management of staff/volunteers for required technologies, policies, and procedures.
• Detail management: manage event details as needed--overseeing or executing data entry, name tag development, reviewing plans and lists for accuracy, and other event-specific details including fielding, coordinating, and trafficking requests.
• Event assistance: provide counsel on policy/procedures for accepting payments, event sponsorship, event gift recording, documentation, and other activities related to fundraising events for UMF and University-wide.
15%—Partner with events team, organizational partners, and external volunteers and vendors to advance UMF’s mission.
• Manage volunteer relationships associated with events and event projects.
• Establish relationships with internal partners to facilitate efficient event execution.
• Provide event consultation and customer service for UMF, collegiate, and external (third party) clients seeking event support.
• Manage vendor relationships, communication, and contracts
• Manage and update online event calendar.
**Attend assigned events and provide on-site event management, including evenings and weekends