Planning & Development
The Associate Director of Membership is a key position in the Planning & Development department and reports to the Director of Individual Giving and Membership. The Associate Director is primarily responsible for oversight of the Friends of Lincoln Center, Friends of Mostly Mozart, Chairman’s Council, and Great Performers Circle and achieving institutional contributed income goals within the overall budget. The Associate Director of Membership will maintain a partial portfolio of Great Performers Circle donors (approximately 50 individuals) who give $35,000 annually to Lincoln Center. He/she will liaise with the Marketing Department to develop strategies with customer analysis and insights and aid in development, delivery, and evaluation of performance and institutional marketing campaigns, aiming to improve ROI, patron retention, and brand loyalty across all membership portfolios. The Associate Director will work with Marketing Department to mine the patron databases with a focus on analyzing ticket purchase and membership behaviors to gather patron intelligence and evolve and execute Lincoln Center’s customer relationship management strategies to maximize contributed income for Membership.
- In conjunction with the Director of Individual Giving and Membership, plan annual goals and strategies for membership giving and cultivation/stewardship events with a focus on building a portfolio of donors from $100 - $35,000.
- Develop and implement an annual membership program and improve online giving programs including drafting compelling appeals, pulling lists and reports, tracking progress, maintain clean portfolios, and annual appeals.
- Participate in special events as needed and provide general event support to individual giving team to support fulfillment and stewardship efforts.
- Provide strategic input and oversight of the multi-channel renewal, upgrade, and acquisition schedule for Lincoln Center’s membership programs.
- Improve database utilization for tracking member participation and campaigns.
- Increase member loyalty and unrestricted giving to Lincoln Center by restructuring membership benefits.
- Provide analytical insight into ticket buyer and member behavior and characteristics to identify acquisition and upgrade prospects for the Friends and Chairman’s Council to ensure a steady increase in contributed income.
- Conduct prospect research to build pipeline for Great Performers Circle.
- Manage the Friends of Lincoln Center, Friends of Mostly Mozart, Chairman’s Council and Great Performers Circle budgets.
- Work with IT DBA and Development Operations to ensure record quality in patron databases (Tessitura, Pledgemaker).
- Develop systems and procedures to close the gap in data relay points between databases, providing a clearer picture of patrons across systems and channels. Look for new ways to improve data capture, data utilization, and patron management.
The Associate Director manages the Assistant Director, Membership; Manager, Individual Giving; and Assistant, Membership.