Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Senior Procurement Specialist
The UNO Charter School Network (UCSN) believes that all students deserve the opportunity to realize their highest potential. Increasing in diversity but rooted in Hispanic communities, our educational model is anchored by strong parent partnerships, structured learning environments, rigorous curriculum, and an individualized approach that develops and empowers our students. For us, academic success is not a hope; it is an expectation.
Our vision is to develop a diverse group of intellectually curious and passionate civic leaders who act with integrity and who compete and excel locally, nationally, and globally.
Excellence – High Expectations, Growth, Achievement
Integrity – Transparency, Communication
Community – Teamwork, Collaboration
Innovation – 21st Century Learning Environment
Tenacity – “No Excuses, Whatever it Takes”, Passion
Accountability – Ownership, Outcomes, Responsibility
Consistent with the strategic priorities of the UNO Charter School Network, Inc. (“UCSN”), the Procurement Specialist is generally responsible for certain aspects of purchasing for UCSN including but not limited to collecting requisitions; obtaining proper requisition approvals; verifying, preparing, and transmitting purchase orders; verifying receipt of items; and payment. The Procurement Specialist will report to the Senior Procurement Specialist.
- Verifies purchase requisitions and acceptable vendors by comparing items/vendors requested to master list; clarifies unclear items; recommend alternatives.
- Obtains proper requisition approvals depending on department and total cost of requisition.
- Ensures strict adherence to the UCSN Procurement Policy.
- Communicates information to Campus Managers and department heads regarding purchasing timelines and delivery by verifying inventory and scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtains recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtains approval from appropriate department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Confirm receipt of items or services when requested by Finance Team.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents electronically.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Evaluate and select suppliers that bring value add and cost savings while not compromising delivery performance or expectations.
- Ensure suppliers are maintaining and meeting quality and delivery targets to avoid non-conforming material and product performance issues.
- Negotiate favorable prices, terms and conditions related to least total cost for assigned items.
- Create and reschedule purchase orders for piece parts, assemblies and services necessary to support UCSN’s needs for assigned commodities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to Equity: Passionate about ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.
Leadership: Coaches, mentors, and challenges others to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations. Builds positive relationships in and out of the organization.
Focus on Data-Driven Results: Makes informed decisions to improve organizational outcomes by utilizing a data-driven approach.
Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others.
Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines.
Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to stakeholder needs in a high-quality and courteous manner.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physically demands require the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, walk around up to 60% of the day. In addition, walking up and down stairs several times a day. Must be able to lift 15 to 20 pounds for short periods of time and push and pull 15 to 20 lbs.
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE: The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
The UNO Charter School Network is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. The UNO Charter School Network does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.