We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Chief Operating Officer. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to work at a place where you can help make a difference in the world, then consider joining our team of passionate, value-driven professionals.
The Improve Group helps organizations make the most of information, navigate complexity, and ensure their investments lead to meaningful, sustained impact. We provide this help through research, evaluation, capacity-building, needs assessment, strategic planning, policy, and systems thinking. Based in St. Paul, we work with organizations locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally.
Our culture, work, and professional relationships, with each other as well as with clients, are driven by these values:
- Collaboration & inclusiveness
- Innovation & creativity
- Building a better world
At The Improve Group, we live our values every day through our work and within our office. We specifically designed our workspace to support a collaborative work style, inspire creativity and innovation, and to bring joy to all through bright colors and openness. Once you join our team, we want you to feel inspired to do your best. That’s why our flexible work environment makes it easy for us to work remotely as needed as well as conduct virtual meetings.
We describe our work and ourselves as thoughtful and we embrace inclusiveness as we work with our clients and our colleagues, learning more about them and their needs. Our end goal is to ensure our clients shine at what they do by creating products that work for them. For our fellow “IG’ers,” we are committed to offering various professional development opportunities.
The rewards of becoming a fellow IG’er go beyond making a difference through our work—we are also rewarded with a competitive salary, generous 401k match, profit sharing, health, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, PTO, and a great work environment! You will find, however, that the greatest reward of being part of our team is the wonderful colleagues with whom you will work.
Join us and help us live out our value of building a better world! Check us out at www.theimprovegroup.com
Your contributions to The Improve Group
The COO is responsible for leading and managing the company’s overall operations, including Finance, Facilities, Risk Management, and IT, and ensuring continued growth in profit and capacity, operational alignment with IG’s strategic direction, and increased financial strength. They will develop and execute operational controls that will leverage the company’s ability to deliver exceptional services and products. Additionally, the COO will play an integral role in translating high-level strategies into detailed. actionable work plans, and assisting other functional leaders in advancing the company’s growth initiatives. The COO will accomplish this by practicing and modeling our values of thoughtfulness, inclusiveness, and collaboration, while cultivating and strengthening internal as well as external partnerships to advance the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Implement financial vision of the company by identifying financial goals, developing a corporate budget, and executing initiatives to reach those goals, ensuring continued growth and financial strength.
- Manage business functions, including technology, finance, and facilities, by establishing operational controls and standards, monitoring on-going operations, and adjusting priorities to meet changing market, environment, and employee needs.
- Develop and implement plans to support the long-term strategic direction of The Improve Group.
- Assess opportunities and establish clear priorities among competing short- and long-term interests, stakeholders, and business needs.
- Leverage, utilize, and incorporate best IT practices across the company to ensure smooth operations and search for opportunities to improve capabilities as well as contain costs.
- Strengthen work relationships with vendors, functional leaders, and staff, empowering them to follow best practices and move towards maximizing business results.
- Oversee contracts and risk management.