WHAT WE DO
IFYC is working to make interfaith cooperation the norm in America. This starts in colleges and universities, where the minds and values of emerging leaders are shaped and conversations take place that steer broad cultural change. We engage with leaders across the campus environment – faculty, staff, administration, and students. We offer the tools, guidance, opportunities and networks needed to bring interfaith learning into their campuses, classrooms, research, and lives.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager supports IFYC’s Executive Office, including our Founder and President, Eboo Patel. The Executive Office generates major programmatic and fundraising opportunities for the organization, and works closely with individual donors, high-level campus and higher education stakeholders. This position also coordinates the general operations of IFYC by managing reception and our office facilities while providing general support for team-wide functions.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will spend approximately 60% of their time providing executive support for the Founder and President along with other Executive Staff. Working with the VP of Operations and Communications, they will also serve as the office manager, devoting approximately 40% of their time to this function.
The successful candidate must be highly-organized and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven and fast-paced, where one day may not be like the next. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of different situations, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and execute each task, big or small, at a high-level of excellence.
Executive Office Responsibilities:
• Manages an active calendar of appointments and travel for our President and Founder. Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well-informed of the upcoming commitments and follows up appropriately.
• Liaises with the President’s Campus Relations team to arrange logistics of President’s campus visits and higher-education-related travel. Partners with appropriate team members in preparation for trips, ensuring smooth and managed travel.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans for the President and the Vice President of Advancement, including itineraries, agendas and materials for related meetings.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with donors, IFYC staff, campus partners and others, on matters related to the President’s programmatic initiatives.
• Works with President and other internal stakeholders to manage email; ensure appropriate communication with relevant internal and external parties.
• Serves as a “gatekeeper” for the President and proactively engages with IFYC Executive Team and staff to ensure cross-departmental communication.
• Schedules and coordinates logistics for Executive Office meetings.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs of the President to ensure that President’s time is deployed strategically
• Handles all of the President’s matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Prepares expense reports, payment requests, and other standard forms and documents. Reconciles Executive Team credit card purchases, obtaining signatures, receipts and submitting to Accounting.
• Manages the budget(s) of the Executive Office.
• Occasionally copy edits President’s writing for publication.
• Supports President with personal affairs when necessary.
• Supports all Executive Team members with administrative needs such as scheduling, meeting logistics, data entry and ordering supplies.
Facilities & Operations Responsibilities:
• Manages day-to-day office operations, including administration, kitchen and supply stocking, postage/shipping/mail distribution, office inventory, organizing workspaces, and facilities improvements.
• Acts as the main point-of contact for staff to submit any facilities-related issues. Take appropriate measures to see resolution of issues through to successful completion.
• Acts as the main point-of-contact with the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) staff for building security, housekeeping and office maintenance related items. Distributes relevant CBOT building notices to staff.
• Ensures all aspects of the office are clean, functional and safe.
• Manages company reception to ensure timely and tactful telephone, email, face-to-face, and mail communications with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Implements office systems, procedures and equipment procurement to maintain and improve office efficiency.
• Maintains an updated contact list of office vendors and tracks service requests and purchase requests to ensure the provision of efficient and cost-effective services.
• Assists in developing and maintaining well-organized administrative files.
• Assists with supplies and preparations for organization programs, events, and travel.
• Other duties as assigned