San Miguel School, founded in 2002 by the De La Salle Christian Brothers and St. John’s College High School, is a Lasallian middle school educating Latino boys in at-risk situations and from low-income homes. Our comprehensive academic program prepares our students for entry to and achievement at college-preparatory high schools. With more than 300 alumni, San Miguel School is one of about 50 institutions nationwide known as Nativity and Miguel schools, educating thousands of at-risk, low-income children.
As a charitable organization and as an independent school that serves low-income families, we are fully funded through donations, gifts, and grants from individuals, organizations, foundations, businesses, and government poverty programs.
The organization seeks a strategic-thinking, experienced, and goal-driven leader as the Director of Development. This individual will lead and supervise the San Miguel development team to build upon the school’s success in raising funds and will be responsible for growing annual contributions to $3M+, securing new major and scholarship gifts, and broadening and deepening the philanthropic support of our mission.
This full-time position reports to the President and will drive increased fundraising momentum over the next five years, build reserves, and establish major initiatives.
Responsibilities and Roles:
- Responsible for the overall direction of development and fundraising at San Miguel School and the specific disciplines of: annual giving, major gift cultivation, appeals, campaigns, planned giving, grant-writing, marketing, brand management, special events, stewardship, outreach, and database management.
- Major Giving – Build upon and grow all phases of major gift programs, including identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, follow-up, and stewardship.
- Build partnerships and work closely with community organizations, school staff, the Board of Trustees, key donors, and the Advancement Council.
- Prepare and distribute various internal and external reports, publications, and communications to donors, trustees, staff, and foundations.
- Responsible for overall income financial planning, income budgeting, forecasting, and projections. Will build and manage the Development expense budget. Plus, handle other responsibilities and tasks as requested.
This a senior-level management position.