Oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of NBCRNA credentialing examinations and related programs. Assures the accuracy, psychometric quality, integrity, and defensibility of assessment systems and scoring processes. Maintains currency with testing research and current trends and innovations in testing. Provides leadership for the development and production of examination formats, test security, technology, platforms. Represents NBCRNA externally and promotes NBCRNA as a credentialing leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all phases of planning, organization, development and production of the examination formats including software interface, and scoring procedures and analysis. Provides input, as needed, to the development of short and long-term schedule of psychometric activities. Oversees transitions to new platforms, ensuring accurate migration of all content and data. Develops recommendations for improvements/enhancements to measurement capabilities of examinations.
- Working with senior testing staff, conducts routine psychometric analyses on all examination programs.
- Item analysis (classical and IRT), and key validation
- Scaling and equating
- Item bank management and sculpting, content gap analysis and maintenance of statistical histories, item selection and assembly of test forms
- Item response times and total test times
- Test information functions
- Reliability and decision consistency analysis
- Provides leadership for the standard setting and practice analysis projects, including reporting and publication of results.
- Writes and reviews technical reports (for items and candidates), annual performance summaries. Produces score interpretive guides and other written materials concerning examination interpretation.
- Supports the accumulation, maintenance, and dissemination of test validity evidence
- Evaluates the analyses and documentation completed by contracted psychometric support. Reviews and approves technical accuracy of statistical analyses and reports produced by vendors.
- Spearhead efforts to optimize security of testing programs including: intellectual property, roles and responsibilities, physical and information security, test publication and administration, incident and security breach reporting mechanisms response protocols
- Assists with organization of documentation and written responses for accreditation applications (NCCA and ABSNC).
- Oversees vendor relationships to ensure acceptable outcomes. Oversees testing incidents and other issues related to vendor performance and achievement of mutually satisfactory conclusion(s).
- Supports research projects in collaboration with NBCRNA BOD and staff. Present original research at conferences. Contribute to exam-related articles and white papers.
- Serve as knowledge resource to Board members and external testing and credentialing organizations
- Oversee periodic updating and management of testing Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.