After School Matters is a nonprofit organization that offers Chicago public high school teens high quality, out-of-school-time opportunities to explore and develop their talents, while gaining critical skills for work, college, and beyond. Our hands-on, project-based arts, science, sports, technology, and communications programs are delivered at Chicago public high schools, at community locations throughout the city, and downtown at Gallery 37 Center for the Arts.
Summary of Position:
The Temporary Contract Assistant is responsible for supporting contract-related functions required for the successful delivery of programs. Such operational tasks include—but are not limited to—revising program budgets, communicating with program providers, supporting processes related to instructional staff onboarding, and a variety of administrative tasks.
This is a temporary part-time position (15 hours per week) with a flexible weekly schedule. This position will begin in early June 2017 and is estimated to last for 12 weeks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track submission of program provider contract documents and follow up with the provider regarding missing and/or noncompliant items
- Track submission of independent instructor documents and follow up with instructors regarding missing and/or noncompliant items
- Input data into Cityspan
- Revise budget and program information as needed
- Lead new instructional staff in their completion of federal employment documents
- Support the background check process for direct programming staff
- Respond to, and resolve, customer service inquires as it relates to programming
- Filing, sorting, and organizing documents
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Energetic team player who works well in collaborative situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Appropriate handling of confidential information
- Ability to work independently
- High school diploma required; some college coursework or college degree preferred
- Related experience in the administrative services field
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume through the online application.
After School Matters is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, military discharge status, age, marital status, parental status, or source of income.