Bigelow Cooperative Daycare Center is a NAEYC-accredited, nonprofit preschool and early learning program located in Somerville, MA that serves children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years. Our curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy and features a nurturing, play-based approach to early childhood education. As a cooperative, our school benefits from both an outstanding cadre of teachers as well as the full commitment of our dedicated families in all aspects of the Bigelow experience.
Bigelow is seeking a visionary leader with a passion for early childhood education who will embrace our culture of diversity, excellence, and community. The ideal candidate will excel in their ability to manage daily operations and balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear channels of communication. The ability to implement long-term strategies and goals that advance the overall mission of Bigelow is essential.
They will be a consummate team player and diplomat who embraces the cooperative model, possesses strong interpersonal communication skills and a collaborative, team-building approach to staff leadership and development. This person will be adept at managing budgets, long-term financial planning, and fostering a culture of philanthropy; they will develop creative approaches to successfully maintain enrollment targets.
We are looking for someone who is ready to play and excel in a multitude of roles: leader, mentor, teacher, problem solver, financial planner, and fundraiser.
In this full-time position, you will:
- Provide vision and leadership for the Center
- Oversee staff professional development and program curriculum
- Oversee daily operations, and assure that all policies and licensing regulations are followed
- Oversee enrollment and fiscal planning and play an active leadership role in fundraising
- Work collaboratively with parent committees and parent board to maintain a strong community
- Maintain and expand our excellent ties with the greater community.