Do you have 1-2 years development experience in a philanthropic environment?
Do you have major gift solicitation experience?
Are you a strategic thinker and problem solver?
Are you a team player with a passion for donor cultivation?
We are currently in search of an Assistant Director of Special Gifts for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Special Gifts
SALARY: $55,000 - 59,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Assistant Director Special Gifts is responsible for assisting the Individual Giving team by identifying and qualifying donors. He or she will be an expert relationship builder with faculty, staff and prospects. Implementing donor engagement strategy and assessing donor interest, the Assistant Director of Special Gifts will also manage a portfolio of prospective donors. Working across teams, he or she will develop proposals, create stewardship reports and gift solicitations. This role reports to the Managing Director, Foundation and Corporate Relations and Individual Giving. Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years experience in development, experience with major gift solicitation strongly preferred
- 5-6 years experience, preferably in a philanthropic, complex environment
- BA/BS degree
- Strong ability to learn development databases, experience with Word, Excel and Active Planner, preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, high degree of initiative
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, ability to work with multiple teams and personalities
- Familiarity working with high-level staff members and donors
- Must be able to travel and attend evening and weekends events as necessary
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Identifying and qualifying prospects for various campaigns
- Building relationships with staff, faculty and prospective donors
- Attending outreach events to further identify donors
- Managing portfolio of 200+ donors with the capability of making gifts of $25K+
- Coordinating interactions with donors, faculty and other potential donors to further engage them with the institution
- Developing and implementing solicitation strategies for various donors, assists with solicitation calls as appropriate
- Initiating acknowledgements with team members and prepares stewardship reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume with “Special Gifts” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.