The Project Coordinator provides management for an education, research and/or operations program/project, recommending goals, assessing feasibility and ongoing performance and providing day-to-day oversight of administrative and operational functions.
The program/project is summarized below. (Definitions: Program: plan or system of taking action toward a goal. Project: planned actions with specified beginning and end.)
The Project Coordinator, Direct Appeals is responsible for timely and accurate production of large direct mail and email campaigns. Primary responsibilities include requesting mailing list data and reviewing data for accuracy, requesting marketing materials and proofing materials for accuracy, establishing segmentation plans with customization of letters through variable fields, working with vendors to ensure deliverables are met, and reporting on results at completion of campaigns.
- Manages day to day operations.
- Ensures that program/project mission, values, guidelines, policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Reviews processes and recommends changes to incorporate state-of-the-art technology as appropriate.
- Identifies service improvement opportunities that will better enable program/project to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Acts as liaison to IT to ensure technology systems are properly installed and maintained.
- Manages design and production of large direct mail and email campaigns
Budgets and Financial
- Participates in budget preparation.
- Maintains budget and associated analysis and reports.
- Enters individual and/or summary of transactions into journals and/or general ledger or other NU enterprise system.
- Reviews; ensures approval based on alternatives regarding practice and policy; analyzes and classifies transactions in accordance with established chart or coding of accounts; creates new accounts; prepares, processes, reconciles and provides receipts (as appropriate) for transactions.
- Processes transfer and/or appropriation charges and may balance and/or close accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems; performs vendor/account research as needed; obtains additional information or provides instruction and guidance by phone, US- or e- mail from customers/vendors; corrects or escalates.
Communication, Outreach and Recruitment
- Develops coordinated, consistent marketing and brand messages.
- Creates state-of-the-art website.
- Incorporates social media and networking into program/project aspects as appropriate.
- Strengthens partnerships with external resources by defining, promoting and marketing benefits of participation and involvement to the organization.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with organizations to develop a network of enthusiastic organizations engaged via active participation in the success of program/project.
- Reviews market trends to recommend future plans to increase revenue, participation, engagement, etc.
- Administers and maintains existing strategic plans.
- Participates with area/unit senior staff in the conceptualization, development and presentation of materials used in functional operations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 1 year program/project administration or other relevant experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Proficiency with Excel
- Ability to manage large data files with accuracy.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Experience in annual giving fundraising in higher education or nonprofit setting.
- Experience producing large direct mail and email campaigns.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organization and timeline management
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.