• The successful candidate will be customer/member service focused, results oriented, a team player, with an interest in marketing and communications and the proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet agreed upon deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with particular strong skills in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel as well as other association management systems and meetings databases. Fully capable of utilizing copier; fax; postage machine; mail merge toolkits and other relevant office equipment and software needed to complete assigned tasks.
• Responsive and timely entry and update of membership, meeting and convention information into database(s) and ensure record keeping across multiple membership databases.
• Maintain an organized task list, coordinate and resolve conflicting deadlines of tasks to ensure timely completion of responsibilities. Balance priorities of tasks appropriately.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Assist Director of Meetings & Education in the registration process for all ABA meetings. Process registrations, including entering registrations into database, send invoices, and file forms, and printing lists as needed. Monitor established timeline to ensure prompt mailings (by email, fax and/or mail) of invoices and other materials for meetings and annual convention.
• Assist Director of Meetings and Education, committee ABA staff liaisons and committee chairman on marketing, development of agendas, timing of events, website content and member communications including mailing/emailing.
• Prepare and assemble meeting and convention materials for committee liaisons, including: attendee lists, tent cards, and badges, and other meeting materials.
• Prepare letters, correspondence (thank you notes; invitations to speakers, confirmations; etc.) and other communication to members, sponsors, internal and external stakeholders as directed.
• Assist the Director of Meetings and Education in organizing other ABA functions (e.g. group dinners, tours and evaluating spaces for meetings. Assist with housing lists and reservations as necessary. Conduct follow up communications as determined by manager.
• Prepare and communicate all outstanding meetings invoices (Cvent) email, hard-copy mailing and phone campaigns and communicate balance dues with finance team and assist with any payment challenges and collections.
• Organize and maintain filing system and files.
Membership & Communications:
• Assist the Director of Membership and Marketing in processing, updating and maintaining day-to-day database information including individual member contact information and mailing/distribution lists. Send update notices to members on a periodic basis to proactively keep database up to date.
• Maintain committee member information in databases. Input and update changes, especially to email lists and Word documents on the shared drive. Maintain various committee lists, develop committee meeting attendance lists, email distribution lists for committees and convention, and full committee lists.
• Coordinate, prepare, assemble and distribute materials for various communication documents, including periodic ABA Bulletins, press releases, meeting notices and other information. Includes labels, envelopes, postage, folding and stuffing of envelopes, as well as preparing and transmitting emails of documents.
• Send ABA membership information to interested parties: membership packets to new or potential members, and specific information requests to current members or alliance partners (Grain Foods Foundation, IBIE/MDG/SmithBucklin, NAMA, etc.)
• Provide follow-up on responses to requests for information from members and other stakeholders.
• Assist Director of Membership and Marketing in preparing monthly ABA membership dues reconciliation reports.
• Assist Director of Membership and Marketing in updating the ABA web site regularly. Work with Committee Liaisons on continuously updating committee pages and other non-meetings/membership areas of the website.
• Prepare bi-weekly reports (e.g. Google Analytics) on ABA website for team members.
• Organize and maintain membership filing system.
• Assist the Director of Finance and other team members in preparing monthly ABA membership dues reconciliation reports.
• Organize all dues payments and maintain dues filling system.
• Prepare and communicate all outstanding invoices through email, hard-copy mailing and phone campaigns.
• Communicate balance dues with Director of Finance and other finance team members regarding any special payment challenges.
• Assist the Administrative Assistant with office telephone duties and lunchtime rotations as needed.
• Take an interest in ABA members, the broader industry and live ABA’s vision and mission.
• Work and coordinate effectively with other staff members on ABA meetings, projects and objectives to meet deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.