The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of Director of Accredited Continuing Medical Education.
The Director of Accredited Continuing Medical Education is responsible for one of NAF’s most important and visible programs. The Director:
- Supervises all aspects of the design, development, presentation, and evaluation of NAF’s Annual Meeting for over 850 attendees, and three Regional Workshops for up to 75-300 attendees, across the US, Canada, Colombia, and Mexico City;
- Collaboratively works with NAF staff and volunteer committees to develop ACCME-accredited, abortion-specific, continuing medical education opportunities including planning their educational content and selecting and securing faculty;
- Develops meeting materials;
- Maintains NAF’s compliance with ACCME accreditation requirements, including ensuring appropriate documentation, year-end reporting, self studies, and activity files, and handling the reaccreditation process;
- Conducts facility site visits during site selection process;
- Negotiates contracts with hotels and conference facilities;
- Supervises the Training & Education Coordinator’s handling of conference logistics, registration, conference publications, and promotional materials;
- Supervises the Training & Education Coordinator’s compilation of evaluations and distribution of CME credits to attendees;
- Oversees and facilitates the development and accreditation of webinars and other educational and training activities;
- Oversees and conducts abortion values clarification and options counseling workshops;
- Develops and edits educational materials, curricula, and syllabi; and
- Supervises the day-to-day work of NAF’s Training & Education Coordinator and seasonal intern.
The Director of Accredited Continuing Medical Education works closely with the President and CEO; VP, CFO/COO; Senior Communications & Membership Director; Security Director; Medical Director, General Counsel and Senior Policy Director; Group Purchasing Manager; and other staff. This position requires frequent interaction with the Medical Education Committee of the Board, NAF membership, and leaders in the medical community. A high energy level and a strong commitment to women’s health and abortion rights are essential. The ideal candidate will be experienced/knowledgeable about continuing medical education, ACCME accreditation requirements, adult education/adult learning theory; conference planning, including hotel contract negotiations; program evaluation; and issues involving abortion care delivery and reproductive health.