For generations, Americans have called public education “the great equalizer.” But in too many places, our school systems are not living up to that promise. Instead, outdated, inefficient bureaucracies too often exacerbate inequities. Driven by the belief in the power of public education and inspired to make a difference, a growing network of experienced leaders and managers are taking on the challenge.
We are looking for a diverse group of colleagues who have the same belief.
What We Do
The Broad Center is a nonprofit organization that recruits, trains and supports talented leaders from across America to transform urban public school systems. Our programs, The Broad Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education, prepare these professionals to put their skills and know-how to work making student learning the primary driver of every central office dollar and decision. In public school districts, charter management organizations and state departments of education, more than 500 members of The Broad Center’s alumni network are working with educators, parents and community leaders to help their schools soar. Regardless of the setting, for each one of them, the goal is the same: make public education systems more effective, more efficient and more equitable so that every student receives a world-class education. For more information, visit our website at www.broadcenter.org.
As associate director, Partner Strategy you’ll be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with The Broad Center’s partner organizations which include our nation’s largest school districts, charter management organizations and state departments of education. Additionally, in this critical role you’ll support the matching process between Residents and partners by managing both the relationships and grants/reporting efforts needed to bring the work to fruition. This exciting opportunity will give you an opportunity to manage large, complex projects, conduct research and analysis, and build strong relationships with a wide array of leaders across the K-12 education sector.
What You’ll Own
Partner cultivation and relationship management
· Conduct annual outreach and partner application processes
· Identify the most promising school systems for partnership
· Actively manage the submission of Broad Residency role proposals from these organizations
· Build and strengthen long term relationships with school system senior executives
· Identify the talent needs of promising school districts, charter management organizations, state departments of education
· Explain The Broad Center’s value proposition and identify specific ways we can be a talent partner to school systems, each with varying needs
· Conduct research, analysis and outreach efforts to enable program expansion
· Create and execute candidate outreach strategies to target high potential individuals currently working in school systems (Associate Residents)
· Manage the planning and execution of new partner engagement strategies in order to grow The Broad Residency
· Educate candidates regarding promising partner organizations and roles (develop collateral, facilitate webinars and other similar activities)
· Counsel candidates regarding the opportunities where they will achieve the greatest fit and impact
· Lead portions of the Resident matching and organizational interview process, ensuring that Residents are matched with appropriate roles in select organizations
Program operations, planning and special projects
· In collaboration with the senior director, assist in budget management
· Support general operations and special projects within Partner Strategy to ensure that team operations are aligned with The Broad Center operations and goals
· Conduct analyses of impact and satisfaction from Residents and partner organizations to identify areas for future emphasis and improvement
· Contribute to the Partnerships team’s annual strategic planning process
· Lead the implementation of select new strategies
· Drive continuous improvement of our processes, which are both high-volume and highly customized
· Other duties as required to ensure the Center achieves its mission.
What You’ll Need
A passion and demonstrated commitment to transforming K-12 public education, experience working in a school district, charter management organization, or state department of education a plus; comparable work experience in the private sector is also welcome
We will only contact applicants chosen for further consideration.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Broad Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.
The Broad Center is committed to providing equal access and opportunities to candidates with legally recognizable disabilities. We will make our best effort to provide reasonable accommodations at every stage of the application process. Disclosing a disability or requesting a need for accommodations is a separate and distinct process from selection and will have no bearing on a candidate’s application status. If you need to request an accommodation or have any questions regarding our disability accommodations policy, please send an email to DAO@broadcenter.org.