Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations and with the daily guidance of the Assistant Director of Operations, the Gift Processor performs financial record keeping and biographical update activity to support the needs of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. This incumbent's primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to financial and biographical record updating to the Raiser's Edge (RE) system, including gift processing, address and phone updating and other record creation.
1. Gift Processing: data entry of all lock box, check, credit card, gifts-in-kind, and online transactions. The incumbent is responsible for the lock box gift processing and scanning documentation, as well as processing checks, credit cards, stock gifts, gifts-in-kind, wire transfers, and gift annuities. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for processing pledge payments and EFT (Electronic Fund Transfers) for recurring gifts.
2. Batch Record Processing: The incumbent imports gifts to RE for all online gifts, events, and Phonathon transactions, events fees, and crowd funding gifts.
3. Matching Gift Processing: The incumbent is responsible for collecting, monitoring and processing all matching gifts into RE, updating/maintaining matching gift rules/ratios and maintenance of pledges as needed. Running and reviewing matching gift reports and following up with donors who returned gift(s) without providing appropriate information. Processing matching gift documentation received through the various companies and providing documentation needed to obtain matches. Following up with matching gift companies to ensure payment of matches due.
4. Data Processing: Processes financial/biographical updates, records creation, and conducts research for the integrated systems within the department.
As part of the functions, the incumbent will also be responsible for: Posting/processing pledges, payments, along with gifts on integrated systems (RE).
Submitting or modifying existing RE reports and programs as necessary to support the posting process, as well as a means to review/troubleshoot pledges and gifts.
Preparing daily deposits/receipts, scanning documentation into filing system, and logging file related financial materials for tracking/documentation purposes.
5. Biographical Updating of Records: Creates and updates constituent records. This includes updating home and/or business addresses/phone numbers, and other records as required. Validates and imports updated biographical information through various feeds such as Phonathon and online giving. Incumbent assigns gifts to proper funds and appeals to ensure accuracy of gift account.
6. Runs monthly data cleanliness reports and updates records for data consistency to ensure data integrity.
7. Interacts with offices, including general accounting, UIS, bursar, and student services.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Minimum of 3 years experience in bookkeeping, banking or accounting required.
Experience in MS Office Suite and proficiency with the Internet are required.
Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, are required.
Must be detailed and deadline oriented and work well in a team environment.
Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred. Experience with Raiser's Edge or other nonprofit or major database system preferred; Previous experience working in a nonprofit organization, alumni relations, advancement office, or foundation preferred