The primary responsibilities of the Senior Director of Individual Giving are to oversee all operating solicitations to individuals, cultivation of new donors, and all donor relations, including managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
The position’s core focus is to build and strengthen individual donors’ relationship with the Project HOME community and to grow philanthropic support through the development, activations, and oversight of acquisition, retention, stewardship and upgrade strategies.
This position reports to Vice President of Development and Communications. The position supervises the Manager of Annual Giving and Special Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans, implements and manages effective and creative acquisition, retention, and stewardship strategies designed to engage donors at all levels and cultivate increased giving from current donors.
· Manages a personal portfolio of approximately 150 major gift donors and visits approximately 50 percent of this portfolio each year
· Secures $500,000 annually in outright gifts or new commitments from managed prospects.
· Responsible for approximately $3 million in total fundraising annually.
· Coordinates information tracking processes together with the Director of Database and Development Operations regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors—particularly major donors—to enhance their relationship with the organization.
· Oversees the creation and production of development communications materials including the annual report, appeals, newsletter articles, and other print materials.
· Develops and assesses policies and procedures that are essential for comprehensive donor relations program.
· Provides leadership for major donor recognition and fundraising events.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum of 5 years progressive development experience
3 years management experience
Prior experience developing and managing budgets
Strong leadership and management skills
Ability to build relationships internally and externally
Strong organizational skills
Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.