The SPCO Major Gifts Officer reports to the Assistant Director of Development for Individual Giving and manages a portfolio of prospects in order to generate major annual fund gifts, significant special project based gifts, and meaningful endowment commitments. This position is responsible for the qualification, cultivation and stewardship of major gifts from donors outside of the Board and Governing Members.
Specific duties to include:
1. Ongoing identification and qualification of major gift prospects through data analysis, research and individual screening.
2. Cultivation of qualified prospects through one-on-one engagement and engagement with other organizational assets.
3. Development and execution of specific solicitation plans including determining ask amounts.
4. Stewardship of donors after successful solicitations.
5. Establishment and tracking of annual portfolio goals, both financial and non-quantitative.
6. Prospect brief development, cultivation plan design, and relationship management support for senior management's, Governing Members and Board's prospect portfolios.
7. In partnership with development staff and leadership, continuous improvement and maintenance of prospect management processes and systems that measure financial progress, relationship development progress and overall effort.
8. Serves as an SPCO Liaison, providing personalized attention to assigned subscriber/donors.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Minimum three years professional experience; nonprofit development or client service experience desired
• Background and interest in classical music or knowledge of orchestras
• Excellent written and verbal skills, time management skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a collaborative member of a team
• Computer skills required; Word and Excel
• Experience using fundraising software; experience with AudienceView preferred
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to travel frequently and independently in the Twin Cities metro area
Additional Salary Information: Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
Renowned for its artistic excellence, remarkable versatility of musical styles and adventurous programming, The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra is widely regarded as one of the finest chamber orchestras in the world. Entering its 59th season in September 2017, the SPCO has recently undergone transformational change, with the opening of its new home, the Ordway Concert Hall, the addition of a new gene...ration of players, and significant changes in the scope of its artistic aspirations and profile. The SPCO is primarily an unconducted ensemble that performs a broad range of repertoire from Baroque to new music and works in close collaboration with a diverse series of Artistic Partners. The SPCO is nationally recognized for its commitment to broad community accessibility, its innovative audience outreach efforts, and its educational and family programming.