Compassion & Choices works nationally to improve care and expand choice at the end of life. Compassion & Choices envisions a society where everyone receives state-of-the-art care at the end of life, and a full range of choices for dying in comfort, dignity and control. We engage our mission through three main pillars of service: end-of-life consultation, educational programs, and legislative/legal advocacy. Compassion & Choices is leading the way nationwide in our efforts to make medical aid in dying a legal and acceptable option for terminally-ill, mentally competent adults. We are taking a multi-prong approach--legislation, litigation, and ballot initiative—to assure that we bring end-of-life options to everyone.
This is a remote position (based out of your home office) in the New York City metro, Boston or Philadelphia areas. This position is primarily responsible for cultivating and soliciting six-figure gifts, with special emphasis on gifts of $500,000 or more, from prospects and major donors in the Northeast and primarily in New York City, Boston and Philadelphia metro areas. This position will also be asked to solicit and secure C4 gifts for the organization’s political activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Steward a portfolio of approximately 130 current donors; utilize moves management to increase their giving.
· Work with organizational leadership and current supporters to find connections to donors that can make 6- and 7- figure gifts. Working with the National Director, Chief Development Officer and other leadership, begin and maintain fast pace of cultivating and soliciting gifts from current and prospective donors.
· A front line fundraiser for securing individuals of $100,000 plus with an emphasis on $500,000 plus donors; attention on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals and families.
· Engage current donors and volunteers in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of new prospects.
· Employing and role-modeling key processes and programs that support an office-wide emphasis on collaborations, efficiencies and metrics/performance based outcomes.
· Timely and accurate completion of related reports (such as “P card” statement, performance reviews, time cards, etc.).
· Demonstrates commitment to and active support of C&C’s Diversity & Inclusion program.
· Support of all C&C efforts as requested; including, but not limited to, activities such as sharing prospects, briefing staff donors, alerting staff of fundraising opportunities, reaching out to donors, etc.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Non-Profit Management.
Seven (7) years’ experience in nonprofit development and event planning (or equivalent combination of experience and education) which includes a minimum of 6 years of direct fundraising experience, ideally raising funds from major donors (above $250,000.00).
Must have a track record of soliciting and closing principal and significant major gifts and demonstrated long term philanthropic relationships while consistently meeting fundraising goals. Experience closing $250,000 gifts and above
Travel required (25%).
View complete job description and application instructions on employment page of our website: www.CompassionAndChoices.org
Compassion & Choices is a nationally recognized nonprofit working to improve care and expand choice at the end of life. Our Consultation Program helps clients and their loved ones face the end of life with calm facts and choices of action during a difficult time. We also aggressively pursue legal reform to promote pain care, put teeth in advance directives and legalize physician aid in dying.
We ...celebrate diversity in our staff. We are not affiliated with any religious or spiritual organization.